Friday, May 26, 2006

Uh, What?

There is a part of me that feels evil for posting this.

Luckily, it's a small part.

Go see this.

Is it work safe? I don't know. Depends on if you can't stop laughing or if your involuntary gag reflex kicks in. Oh and there is music so maybe plug in the earphones.

Yeah.

Earphones.

That'll make it all better.

On another note, and c'mon, when haven't I played with a 12 note scale, the heat is rising at DearAuthor (follow this link to take you to the relevant post) with the 'I write HEAs!!!' and the 'do you really need HEAs?' I figure someone's going to lose their job for letting that particular cat (the one striped with the 'we don't need no stinkin' HEA) out of the bag.

Here's how it works for us lazy readers (yes, I'm the queen, shut up) if I get even a whiff of a line of romance books that doesn't necessarily have to have a HEA to be published, then I will not buy any book from that line. Cause I'm lazy. Oh, and I read romance. I can read other stuff like chick lit and mystery but guess what, I know that is what I am reading so if I get a romance on top of it all? Cherry. A romance book where all I get is a bunch of people meandering about and then going their separate ways? Sloppy poop.

I told hubby about this and he said 'if they don't get together at the end of the book then it's not a romance!'. All I'm saying is that if a man can figure out what constitutes a romance book without having ever read one, then I think it would only be 'elementary my dear' for a publisher to know.

Just saying.

Have you recovered from the video yet?

Good, me neither.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

that video is... interesting. And that guy looks really familar, but for some reason I'm pulling a blank on who he is. Also, whats up with the 2 sausage dogs in the video?

Anonymous said...

I saw this the other day and thought that it must be a spoof. Because really, who thinks that this is good stuff. And if you say, Germans, then what is wrong with the Germans? (caveat, Ned and entire family=Germans). You do know that it is reported that Dirk Nowitzki hums Hasslhoff to himself to make himself relax on the BB court.

And, yes with the romance = HEA. Elementary, my dear Watson.

Kerri Wall said...

Right on with the HEA Cindy.

...Fi

CindyS said...

Samantha - it's David Hasslhoff of Bay Watch fame and Night Rider.

I was thinking it was a spoof also but why a whole song? The fist pumping like he is a sex machine had me laughing.

Dogs, angels, floating cubes, horrifying special effects. Hey, maybe acting like an ass on video will bring him fame again ;)

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

Now am I the only one who first remembers him as Snapper from The Young and the Restless? He was the doctor from the wrong side of the tracks who married the rich society girl.