Sunday, September 18, 2005

Get This!

Do nocturnal animals (awww, maybe I was a cute little hedgehog in a previous life) come out in the daylight? Well, today one did ;)

Nobody, including myself can figure out what is going on with me. I was up at 8 am this morning and have been up all day. I am about to head off to bed. What has been nice about this change is that I am not anxious.

Daylight makes me anxious because I feel like I have to be doing something, or be somewhere. In reality, I don't have to race out of bed and shower and dress in the first half hour I'm awake. I learned this a while back when I showed up at my friend's door at 8 in the morning. I think it was 2 hours before she and the kids were showered and out of their jammies. Made me realize that daylight did not have to mean rushing.

So this morning I'm up and make an early post and I was going to read and just relax. Bob comes home from the reno site because he knew I was up so we went and visited my best friends and went to open houses that we couldn't afford. We then came home and got in the pool - in Canada, in September!

I e-mailed my friends thanking them for entertaining us today on such short notice. I told them that today was one of my favourite days ever. Hey, I was *this-close* to buying my dream home and was with Bob and my best friends - it doesn't get much better than that! Ah well, maybe one day. I'm glad Bob played hookie. I think today he realized just how much we have missed because he has been working two jobs. We'll see what the next few months bring.

So it's almost midnight, normally my midday but I'm going to head to bed and see if I can sleep. If not, I'm not going to stress about it. I seem to have nailed some sort of zen feeling for the past two days. I'm really liking this and good news, I didn't burst into flames when the sunlight hit me!

P.S. If you haven't visited Suisan's blog yet, go over and see how one distinguishes grey from gray. And Suisan, you can take whatever you need! Maybe a blog on a new pet hedgehog?! I so want one but I have enough critters to take care of.

P.P.S. Goodnight - for real! Signing off midnight, central time (yeah, I think we're central).

No comments: