Thursday, September 22, 2005

Quick, Quick, Quick

I'm up past my new bedtime so I wanted to post real quick.

First, INXS has decided to remain the so called rock group they are and asked JD to join their group. It was a great moment and I was happy for JD because he had tears in his eyes and all that. All I know, is they are playing music like they did in the 80's and I'm not sure that is all the rage now. If Mark Burnett is half as smart as I think he is he will have Marty in a recording studio before you can say Rockstar.

Second - LOST - yum. My only problem was the night scenes. I don't know what kind of camera they are using but for half the show I couldn't figure out what I was looking at because they were filming in the dead of night. Oh, I forgot how funny Hurley is - love him. Yikes, another thing, the opening scene where you thought someone was stuck in a time warp - did you see the new whirlpool washer/dryer set in the scene. I was watching the opening and thinking that it was a flashback until I saw the washer/dryer which looked like the new ones out right now so then I thought it was ... well, damn, I don't really know what I thought. I'm just confused.

Third - I watched Martha and as much as I like her (damn, she looks good though and her daughter is very pretty), I'm over the whole apprentice thing. My husband isn't so I imagine I will be stuck watching Trump.

Fourth - I watched Invasion which was horrible. Horrible. Waste of my time. Damn, just going to the link will show you how much this show sucks wind. Sonofabitch, it was Threshold I wanted to watch - Sept 16th premiere - crap - I wonder if they will replay the premiere?

Fifth - Holy Lord, have you seen the category 5 hurricane they are tracking to hit Galveston Texas. I'm praying like I did for the plane that landed safely (Thank God) in LA tonight. I hope and pray that officials in Texas have learned a lesson from Katrina and are doing everything they can to get the elderly, sick and those without transportation out of the city. I don't believe it will flood (I'm not sure about that) but still, houses will disappear.

Dang, I wanted to leave off on a good note but I am starting to see double. Oh, I have no plans tomorrow except to make a nice dinner and clean. In between that I will be sitting on my duff and reading Bloodsucking Fiends. I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't understand the opening pages because I didn't know where the story was set. Heck, I couldn't tell if it was historical or contemporary and no, I try not to read back blurbs so I go into a story blind. Blind I was but I finally got through the opening scene and am now to the part where the heroine is on the bus. Already, she is making me laugh and I would soooo, being thinking about how I would need time off of work. Wait, it looks like I'm healing. Tough sh*t, I'm still taking time off work ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about Christopher Moore's hilarious Bloodsucking Fiends? We posted a DIK review of it several years ago, and I picked up a copy and read it about two years ago. I enjoyed it so much that when my daughter decided she wanted to read Anne Rice's vamp series that I pressed a copy of this into her hands instead. The two are not at all similar, but for a vamp newbie, and a snark-lover, Bloodsucking Fiends is wonderful!

TTFN, LLB

CindyS said...

Yes!! You were the first to ever mention it and I bought way back when. Then I saw Maili and Bam had read and loved it.

However, it was only because of Keishon's TBR challenge that I finally picked it up - had to read fiction and since I don't like sad stuff this one looked like a winner. Am I ever glad I did. I just wish I had more time to read right now!

I'll be posting what I thought as soon as I finish.

CindyS

Anonymous said...

I think I'm one of the few who wasn't enamored with Bloodsucking Fiends. I thought it was a pretty good read but I hated the ending. I felt like Moore just stopped writing without really wrapping things up. Have you read Fluke? That I loved :) Lamb too.