Friday, September 02, 2005

Perky Post?

It's hard to write an upbeat post when you know what is going on in the world. That said, I know many of us have already given to the charities that we turn to when we want things done. So on that note, I'll move on. Ooops, I did leave a comment over at LLB's blog about the state of crisis so if you want to know what some of us are thinking you can go see right here. Like many others I am just frustrated by the lack of aid to the hardest hit areas and I needed to blow off some steam. Of course, Bob has been getting most of the steam ;)

As to reading, I finallly picked up a book. I decided that I would need to read something completely different from romance so that I could get distracted. Also, I wanted to be part of Keishon's TBR challenge this month. Apparently you should try to pick up one your fiction books from the TBR pile. I picked Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking (Man, I hope this counts - I'll go ask Keishon) out of the TBR pile and so far, so good. Did I mention that I am only on page 15 though? Hey, it passed the famous Candy's 15 pg test. I wish I did this with more books but, sometimes just getting a bunch of books in my hands and ringing through the cash register gives me a high. Uh, don't mention that to Bob though, alright?

I should be heading off to bed soon but I know I won't be able to walk by the TV without tuning into the news. Won't help with sleeping but I just want some good news. I want to see people cheering that they have clean water and food. Man, it can't come fast enough.

No comments: