Friday, September 23, 2005

Going, going, g....

AAR's Katrina auction has it's final set of items coming up on Monday. You can click on the link to the left and it will bring you to a page that lists the upcoming auctions.

There's a part of me that knows these items will go for more than I can spare but, that won't stop me from trying for a few. This batch has a website package that looks phenomenal and if you are a regular visitor of AAR then you know what Comprotex is capable of. If you are not a visitor of AAR but need the services of a website designer and host then you may just find the opportunity you have been looking for at this special auction that benefits the American Red Cross.

Now, if that doesn't float your boat, then go and look at the books!! Oh, the books!! The generosity of these authors is overwhelming and inspires all of us to do what we can to help. Even if you are not a romance reader, getting a signed set of romance books for the romance reader in your family would be a terrific gift. Trust me. Give a signed batch of books as a gift for Christmas and there will be tears. Tears I tell you. Okay, I would tear up but c'mon, a complete set of signed books by the author. Gold. Man, I wish my husband read my blog! Wait...

I know Oprah doesn't need any help from me but in case you haven't heard, she has donated 10 million dollars of her own money to build new homes with the support of Habitat for Humanity. You can help by shopping!! You can go to this site and buy something for one of the homes. A toaster, bedding, an entire kitchen - well, go and check it out if you are still looking for something to do. What you should know is that every penny, *every penny* goes to the people who need it. Oprah covers all administrative costs and that is very important to me. There are many excellent charities out there and the Red Cross is definitely one of them but knowing that the money you are sending is not being used for something other than what you wanted is comforting.

Okay, enough for now. Still too much going on for me to sit and read. I told Bob tonight that reading was the number one priority for me tomorrow. It was supposed to happen today but a few rooms got the best of me and I had to get stuff put away. My husband has decided (okay, I have helped) that our second bedroom is a dumping ground for everything. This is the room the computer is in and it can be distracting as hell to have 3 baskets of clean laundry on the bed waiting for sorting. I mean, really, it's a good thing there is only two of us. I considered taking a before and after shot of the room but embarrassment got the best of me.

No comments: