Monday, January 23, 2006

Alas, Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

We heard back on our offer.

Deader than a doornail.

It's okay though. The house was about 45 minutes from where we live now and I was a wee bit worried about how I would get around out in the country. I mean, there are days I can't get 10 minutes from the house. How was I going to get to Limeridge Mall?

We made our best offer on a house that has been up for almost a year. The people have 2 homes built and 4 other lots for sale. We had heard through the grapevine that they needed to sell something soon and then we saw that they dropped their price 20 grand. Seemed the stars had all lined up.

Apparently they are going to hold for their price. Too bad their price is way out of wack. I guess they don't need to sell. I often remember the saying 'your first offer is your best offer' so, risking bad karma and all that, serves 'em right. For some reason I have a feeling we might get a call back in June of this year to see if we are still interested in buying the house. My answer will be 'sure, but it'll cost ya'.

Real Estate is so hard to understand right now. I'm leery of jumping into a new home because we (Bob and I) believe that we are at the peak of the market and that things will adjust. Then again, we may end up with another crazy year.

I need to start a home-based business. If only I knew what to do.

Looks like it might be time for that self-help book What Should I do With My Life.

On that note, I have to go and vote in a Prime Minister and party tonight. Should I pick crook #1, crook #2 or crook # 3?

1 comment:

Kristie (J) said...

I read the article in the Sunday Toronto Sun - 218 reasons not to vote liberal and the more I read, the madder I got - so I don't know which crook # Martin is, but he's a definite no.