Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Foiled Again!

Okay, I got the book - WOOHOO!!!

Hubby called home to say he was leaving work because he has fever, chills and well, not fun stuff - BOO HISS BOO!

Bobby got home, had a major hypochondriac moment and we ended up at the hospital. A triage nurse said he was fine, a doctor said he was fine and then we packed up and headed home.

Stomach virus. Contagious.

Me? Extremely susceptible to stomach ailments. The damn doctor even wished me luck.

Gee. Thanks.

So, I'm not cracking my Anne Stuart until I know my health is not threatened by some teeny, tiny virus that can't been seen by the naked eye.

Damn, did I just mock the bug?

Euchred.

4 comments:

sybil said...

oh poor baby... I hope you don't get sick!

uh but why can't you still read the book?

CindyS said...

1) Bob watches TV while he is sick and I can't read while the TV is on.

2) There is a reason Bob doesn't get a bell when he is sick. He has me hopping around so I would just get bitchy if I was reading and he needed something. Not good for the compassionate side of my nature.

3) I'm a slow reader and I don't want to get sick in the middle of the book. I don't mind reading a different book but an Anne Stuart must be read in perfect health, the perfect chair, with the ability to order in, and the ability to tell anyone to get lost ;)

So far, so good. Sore tummy during the night but I'm fine now. Bob's on the couch watching TV so no reading yet.

CindyS

ReneeW said...

Poor Bob! I become my Bob's beck-and-call girl whenever he's sick too. I used to find it distracting to read while the TV is on too but I have learned to block everthing out except if he has it up really loud. Then I growl at him.

I just bought the AS too!! But I won't let myself read it yet. Saving it until I read a couple more off my night stand before it explodes.

Megan Frampton said...

Amazon just shipped my copy--but I have a synopsis to edit first. A not-stinky, could-be-sent-to-the-agent synopsis.

it might be 2007 before I get to read it.