Monday, January 23, 2006

Sleepfull Beauty


Ten Ways to Know if You Have "Estrogen Issues"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.

2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.

3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.

4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.

5. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1-800-"

6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.

7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space."

8. You can't believe they don't make a tampon bigger than Super Plus.

9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.

10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.


Now that it is early Monday morning I believe my body has grabbed all the sleep a human can stand. I think I slept close to 15 hours on Fridays and was up at about 10pm. At that point I ended up having to stay up to go and look at our dream house, I fell asleep for three hours and then had to go to a surprise party. Somehow the math ended up with me having 3 hours sleep within a 24 hour period.

I slept through Sunday. Okay, I was up at 8am and we went to breakfast but I was back in bed by 1pm and slept until 1am. Bob would come in an wake me and I would mumble 'one more hour'. Twelve hours later.

I know why my body did it - PMS. When I was a teenage my periods used to obliterate me. Puking and pain like no other. By the time I was twenty I no longer had the puking and the pain would last two days and usually could be tamed with some extra strength tylenol. Late 20s and I only have a bad period about every three months and even then, nothing like when I was younger.

This past year I am noticing the swing back to the old ways. My mother told me years ago that she used to have no problem but as she aged, the cramps and aches hit her all over again (she was worse than me as a teen because she would faint. Course, I prayed for unconsciousness).

So anyways, last month was bleak and now this month I notice I am overly tired and I am only in the PMS mode!

Leaving TMI territory I will tell you that Bob and I put an offer in on our dream home.

Yeah.

I'm a mix of excited, vomity, terrified and just plain shock. Shock seems to be the fall back emotion for me when any change happens in my life. Looking at me you wouldn't know whether I was happy or sad. I just seem to be. That's where I am, just here.

We should find out tonight.

Okay, Bob's up so I'm going to go bend his ear.

1 comment:

Megan Frampton said...

I used to have awful periods, too, as a teen. I'd have to leave school, and the nurse would always say something like 'well, it happens every month,' as if I should get used to being dizzy, sweaty and nauseated. Then all that went away, thank goodness, although now I notice I eat a ton a few days before the Big Day.

Sorry about the house stuff--that must be a bummer.