Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bone Head

And no, not in a good way. *sigh* If only ;)

When I get up in the uh, well, when I rise from my coffin or whatever I go and shower and dress, brush the ol' teeth, blow-dry the hair and put on the BO control. Afterwards I head to the kitchen where I pour a water and take my pill (effexor for my anxiety).

Now, there are days when I wake up and it's a race to get out the door because I want to see the Godkids before Bob gets home or Bob wants to get out and about so sometimes I forget to take my pill.

Those are bad days my friends.

I usually end up weepy and fidgety. The problem is I will be into a good cry when I realize why I am having a problem and I start kicking myself.

Since I have discovered that even one missed day can send me into a funky despair where I feel like the ooze coming from the tick on the flea, on the frog on a the bump on the log, I tend to do a mind check. There's a stop in action and a quick, 'did I take my pill' thought. Normally I'm okay and if I discover I did forget then I take it then.

We come to this afternoon when I dragged my pitiful self out of bed and did the normal ritual. I'm waiting for the 'flooring' guy to come and measure to do a quote for the carpets we have to put in. I'm sitting waiting and I get my mental thought for the day. I think to myself, yeah, I did that but, where's the glass of water I would have poured? So I go around the house looking to see if I have an ice water and I can't find one. Even so, I have a memory of taking my pill but I do sometimes get memories today that are from yesterday or the day before because I do self-talk when I take me pill. 'I've taken my pill.'

So there I am wondering about whether I have actually taken the pill today and I decide since there is no water, I must be having a memory from last night because I tend to hold the pill which is one of those capsules so I always rub my thumb along the crease.

Okay, this is starting to sound crazy but you'll soon see why.

I go and pour a coke and take a pill and put it out of my mind. The carpet guy shows and he's about an hour and when he leaves I start to get ready to head over to Sue's. I normally travel with drinks so I take my coke glass and head to the door and put it on the bookshelf to put on my shoes and lo and behold there stands an ice filled water glass.

Shit.

I don't really panic because I figure they make me sleepy normally so I am probably just going to crash into the bed sooner or later but I did call TeleHealth Ontario - free service with registered nurses who can help you. By the way, wonderful service - I was so sick last year that Bob was saying he was going to take me to the hospital but moving even one inch had me puking and I begged him to just let me die. In the end he called telehealth and they told him to leave me the hell in the bed until it passed - Thank God!!

Anyways, turns out that my double dose doesn't exceed the maximum daily dose so everything should be A-okay. She said that I might get fidgety or anxious because of the overage (anxious!? WTF?) and my bloodpressure might go up but the body would adjust and all would be fine.

So far, I'm tired and want to crawl into bed. I can't say a sentence without it becoming a story (hence the length of blog) and I'm starting to get a headache. In all fairness that could be the taxes I am working on but it turns out we owe less than I thought. Wheeeee!!

I'm still reading The Duke.

At least I have stopped with the book hopping and have settled into one book.

Damn, now I have 'She's a maniac, manic on the floor and she's dancing like she never danced before' running through my head.

You're welcome.

5 comments:

Suisan said...

My husband has the strange habit of asking ME if he's taken his blood pressure medication. How would I remember what he's done?

Althought I know why he asks; I suffer from the same impulse to ask him inane questions about my life. Where's my purse? What did I do with my keys?

Hope you're feeling better.

sybil said...

Calendar honey! Put it on the shelf where you keep the meds, hang a pen next to it. Take the pill there, x the day.

poof problem gone

sez she who forgets to take crap all the time ;) but wouldn't have worried in the least over doubling up on effexor. But I think I took two a day, one in the morning and one at night. Like years ago... went off it fine. But I have been screwing around with meds and my migraines for so long I should go to school and make a living at it ;).

CindyS said...

Suisan, Bob always asks me to get his pill for him. Then he'll wake up and ask if he took it. Yes, Bob.

Sybil - Bob wants me to get one of those pill holders with the days of the week but I always think of old people when I see them and I am so not old!! Calendar, I like that idea and when we move to the new house, I will probably keep the meds in the master bedroom because you always take either before bed or when you wake up. Right now they are in the kitchen and I don't want a calendar in there.

Oh!! The pen. We'll lose the frickin' pen ;)

I'm feeling much better and still managed to sleep my normal schedule on top of the 4 hour coma it induced. Cool.


CindyS

sybil said...

in the kitchen... print a calendar off the computer - like use outlook or something

tape inside the door... no one will see it.

Bedroom you could do the same thing depending where you keep it. Bedside table... you can buy one of those small calendars but that would be moveable and keep a few bottle waters in the drawer. That way if you go to bed and forget water, you won't forget if you took the pill between the bed, getting water, and back to bed.

buy a pen with the sticky stuff on the end and a chain... like a bank type pen, you can stick it in the drawer or somewhere that you can't move it from the calendar.

LOL of course you will think about it and not do any of it ;)

CindyS said...

Sybil! I resemble that remark!!

In the new house, I will implement your handy dandy way of taking meds and then I will come on the blog and gloat about how well the system is working ... or how I managed to screw something so easy up ;)

CindyS