Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Did I Mention?

Yeah, I don't think I mentioned this but, on the day we purchased our house I had my best buds up for a visit. So, I'm always weirded out when I have company because I always believe my full focus should be on them *but* I have this offer in on a house.

I grab my cell phone (yes, Jay I own one but I never carry it) and it's in my purse. My friends know what's going on so it wasn't awful when Michelle turned and said my purse was ringing. 'Oh, right'. I wrestle it out of my purse, push the power button and say hello.

Yeah.

That's how often I use a cell phone.

So I leave the store in the mall and head to a bench and call Bob back and tell him my knobbish ways and he laughs. Then he tells me that he went to see a house with one of our silent partners and 'yeah, we bought a reno house'. (Just in case, reno means renovation because I know there are some who wondered about my house in Reno - I wish!)

*dead silence*

'What do you mean?'

So then the story gets babbled out but I'm not really freaking because I trust Bob but, I think he may have had his arm twisted by the real estate agent. Then he says 'Oh and we got a sign back from Mansfield (our soon to be new home) and I think we should just accept it.' He tells me the sign back price and I tell him no, we agreed that it was worth 'X' amount and that is what we will counter. Bob's all, 'I don't want to lose this one.' and I'm all 'where's your gonads?' *snort* Nah, I wasn't that bad but, dude, man up!!

Later we meet up at the house and I'm still with my friends and I get called in to do signatures and write a check and I think I may have scared our agent who has been with us for years because Bob's not listening at one point and when I was *forced to* repeated myself it was at a near roar. I think poor John may have pee'd a little. Hey, I knew what was going on, I just needed to get back to my friends already.

So after all that we did get the (our) house and I apologized to John for being bitchy and being the good man he is he said he didn't notice anything.

BUT, I should tell you about this reno. There are 3 partners and one of the rules is that all partners have to agree and I'm normally the voice of reason. Well, two partners head off and look at a house I have no clue about and end up getting strong armed by the sales agent (not John) who says '5 offers are coming in today and you have to sign an offer now if you want this house and here is the price you should pay and this is what you can sell it for'. Now, *if* what this agent says is true, then we got a bargain even though we paid above listing price.

Ooops, another aside - my designer, decorator gene is in 'squeeing' Heaven and I can't stop decorating in my head. Course, decorating in my head is the easy part - implement and I'm wasted after an hour!

I should say we know (yeah, we snooped around) that there were other offers and we know she didn't lie or anything *but* she did say it would sell for say 560 when we were done with it. Since Tuesday we've done a bit of a tour of the area and I think that may be one hell of a stretch. I told Bob tonight that we'd list it with her and if she didn't get us that price she better be prepared to whip out her checkbook and pony up! He enjoyed that. I think he is always surprised when I can out bitch a bitch ;) I was going to tell the other partners the same thing but Bob asked me to behave.

I mean, I'm just joking.

For now.

Edited for some book info: I read George the Fiends' story by MJD and by that I mean I read this blurby thing that took about 30 minutes. I am half way through The Duke by Gaelen Foley and I'm enjoying it but now things are hectic and I'm not sure when I'll get back to it AND I picked up Fangs For The Memories and started it. This is so not like me. I can never read more than one book at a time but then, I'm overly excited.

1 comment:

Megan Frampton said...

Cindy:

I'm the lame-o who thought 'reno' meant Reno. Duh. Was anyone else that thick? Anyway, good luck. Stay cool.