Sunday, April 16, 2006

I Thought I Would Never See The Day!!!

This is the e-mail I sent out to all my friends and family with a few edits. The title of the e-mail was Wolf, wolf because Lord, I was beginning to feel like the little boy who cried wolf!


HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

Ahem.

As of this moment Bob and Cindy Smith are the proud owners of a new home! I know, we all thought it would never happen. Two of the pickiest people in the world, finally, worn down by the relentless search picked a house already!!

At the moment I am in a state of shock because I am looking around our house and thinking 'How in the world am I going to pack this stuff!!'

Movers. We're definitely hiring movers.

I'm going to see if I can attach a picture of the house WITH an inground concrete pool! It has a deep end but Bob seemed fine with that. We'll see how long that lasts ;)

So closing day for our new home (it was built in 58) is June 8th. Two sounds on closing day, 'Cannon Ball!!!' and Kersplash!!! After that, nothing should bother me even though drinking is not an option - damn meds.

As Bob and I like to say, it has 'great bones'. Let's hope there are no ghosts around to rattle 'em ;)

Okay, me sleepy.

I'll tell you guys more about the day (It was Tuesday) when I get a chance! The initial shock has worn off and Bob and I are like little kids talking about everything we want to do to our new home. For Bob and I, moving into a brand new home would be weird. I mean, how would you make it your own except for paint. Here, there are bookcases that need to be built, hardwood floors that need to be sanded and stained a nice dark sheen. That's just to start! I'll post pics as I do each room.

Now however, I would like to wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday however you plan to spend it!!! I decided it would be wasteful for me to cook my turkey so we're having burgers and potatoes tomorrow for dinner (oh, that'd be tonight) since it'll just be us.

10 comments:

Suisan said...

Well! Let me be the VERY FIRST to congratulate you!!!! (At least here on your blog.)

Doing the happy dance for you (except for the moving part--definitely get movers)!

You stuck in there, you went through heartbreak, and now you've got a house you both like. With a pool! Me Jealous. (Except for the upkeep, but, whatever.) Yayy for CINDY!

Kristie (J) said...

YAAAAYYYY Cindy! It looks very nice. Congratulations to you and Bob!

Nicole said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa said...

Congratulations! The house looks wonderful. (And yes, hire movers if you can. That's my plan if I ever, ever move again.)

Megan Frampton said...

Wow! I am so happy for you guys! Yay, Cindy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

FWIW, I used professional movers when I bought my house. Wow! I'll never move myself again. It was totally worth the price.

ReneeW said...

Woohoo!!! Yay Cindy! Congratulations! It's gorgeous. Yes, definitely hire movers if you can swing it. I'm sooooo happy for you. You both deserve it since you have been through so much.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I look forward to many many pictures. "And here's the closet in the 3rd bedroom. And here's the hallway leading to the stairs. And here's..."

;)

CindyS said...

Awwww, thanks everybody!!! Yeah, the shock has worn off and excitement is now in it's place.

Movers for sure. Packing will be all me - I think I have a few 'friend' cards that can be played. My mom and Sue have both offered to come and get *this* house up to snuff - you know, beige everything up so the house appeals to everyone.

Painting, my nemesis, but I will grab that beast and break it!!

Oh and pictures? You better believe it!! There were pictures on the mls site and one of my other friends said, 'Well, you'll definitely have to paint'. Gee, thanks ;) I know we do but when you do it for yourself it is so much more fun because it's a colour you want and *not* beige.

Okay, rambling. Will. Stop. Now.

CindyS

Rosario said...

Yay, congratulations! And sorry to be so late, LOL!