Monday, April 03, 2006

Spazzy

Yeah, I'm feeling a little raz-a-mat-az-ie.

Not in a good way.

I have fallen back into my nocturnal ways again and then WHAM!, we spring ahead an hour. Yeah, yeah, it's worse for you because you have to go to work and you lost an hour this weekend but hey, this is not about you! (love you)

Now, not only am I out of whack, I'm outta whack big time. Meaning I could go to bed at 7am and not get up until 6pm. Ohhh, ahhh, a whole hour of daylight. Damn my vampire-ish ways. Okay, blood creeps me out but still! Bob has always said that the 'vampire family' (that'd be my family) only gets going at around 11pm. Well, let's face it, that's when everybody is good and liquored up (not me because of meds - damn meds) and we're flinging shit at each other.

Ahhh, good times.

Quick track jump - I remember the days when I could drink. I was in university and was working part time and on Saturday night I was feeling dead and clammy and sucky. Me and the best bud would meet up for dinner and I would have one drink, a singapore sling. Man! I could actually feel the whole week melt away. I would kill right now to have a drink and feel everything melt away.

Course, then there was that whole too much heat, too much activity, empty stomach and the best singapore sling I ever tasted. I ended up in the parking lot with my head between my knees praying I wouldn't embarrass myself and heave. Bob sat and finished his dinner because he thought I had gone to the bathroom. I had bolted out of my chair and made for the door. That was the last time I ever drank. Yeah, boo-frickin'-hoo.

And back in line - Bob's usually asleep by 10pm. Earlier if we're all just gabbin'. When we first got married my family was very concerned about this man I married because, well, they wouldn't let him into the house until after we got married - have I told you that story? Ten years later, they tell him to go lay down and have a nap while the rest of us play.

So, even though I come by it naturally, it still grates. I actually enjoy the sunlight and hey, it's my favorite time of year! From now until the clocks go back I am one freaking happy camper. Oh alright, I'm not scary happy and I have been known to snap people in two but c'mon, they deserved it ;)

Where am I going with this? No where. Just decided to whine. It's that or wake Bob up at 4 in the morning and get all weepy and make him crazy. Nah, he needs his sleep and I need to just cope.

So, I think I'll be up most of the morning. Good thing I have that Brockway book hanging around here.

Just so you know, I read exactly one book this month.

One.

I'm not calling a slump yet because there have been a few projects taking up my time and that puzzle game captured me - I finished it last night and I am beside myself looking for something to do. Oh! How about read!

On top of all that I baked cookies. The real kind where you bring out the flour and stuff but I didn't have chocolate chips, I had milk chocolate chips. Now I feel vomity because milk chocolate on top of the sweetness of the cookie is just too much. Then the pecans.

And I had four.

Stupid willpower. Course, it could be mad at me because I am always calling it a name.

I'm beginning to ramble (oh, c'mon, that wasn't bad!) so I'll sign off.

Anybody have the leg shakes? Not quivering or anything. Just that bouncing leg when you are nervous or anxious or uh, hyper? Mine's going like 80 miles an hour. Yeah, I'm thinking anxiety mixed with hyper.

Bad mix.

True, what could be a good mix?

4 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Cindy, I'm sorry about the time switch. That's gotta be tough. And when do you get to see Bob when he's not sleeping, then? A few hours at night, I guess.

The cookies sound good. Oh, and I have a question: Do you have my book? 'Cause I could send it, since you have to read it. It does have sex in it, btw.

Bob & Muffintop said...

ROTFL- I have a kid with ADHD & reading your entry reminded me so much of him it's not funny.

You can never have too many cookies, BTW.

ReneeW said...

Only 4 cookies? That's willpower. Really. Don't get me started on CC cookies, I will eat a dozen at a time. No lie.

This is my favorite time of year but I HATE the spring ahead thing. I'm always late for everything until about a week into the time change. Sorry you're having a hard time adjusting. You remind me of when my kids were newborn and their clock got all bass-ackward. It was hell trying to get them to stay awake during the day so I could get them to sleep at night. Does sitting in front of your SAD light help?

CindyS said...

Megan - Bobby and I really only spend from 6pm to when he falls asleep on the couch 8pm sometimes 9pm together. Yes I have your book! *mumbles, like I wouldn't have your book* Kristie, is that you? ;)

Amanda - I told my husband what you said and he was all 'great! Anxiety and ADHD!?' Uh, no, I think I would have been diagnosed by now! Discovered that brown sugar straight (yes, that means I have eaten brown sugar on it's own) sends me off like nothing else!


Renee - Uhm, those 4 cookies weren't small and they are thick and yeah. Now, store bought cookies? I can eat a row in one sitting.

Bob stopped trying to help me stay awake during the day on those rough ones. He learned C-Rex lurks under sleepy Cindy. You know, I haven't really used my SAD light this year.

Let's face it, I'm just a big baby :)

CindyS