Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Rabbit Hole


I'm on the cusp of everything going rotten in the book I am reading. I keep wondering when the axe will fall and I mean, it has to. Too bad, because I was enjoying the growing friendship of the H/H and maybe, just maybe, I will be wrong but then, I don't see where the conflict can come in. Okay, yeah, a Duke can't marry a courtesan but, I *get* that.

Being a slow reader and easily distracted right now I'm not sure I want to read the next paragraph.

This was how one of my worst reading slumps began about 4 years ago now. I would read and get to the point where they were happy and had declared their love but, there was another 100 pages to read. I would get to the happy place and put the book down.

Hey, they're happy, why mess with it.

Must keep reading my book. Will not fall into a slump!

3 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I don't know if it's any consolation or not - but this is one Foley that just didn't work for me. This one and Lord of Ice. Other than those two though, she's hit every other one out of the ballpark!

sybil said...

I liked Lord of Ice, not great but liked it better then The Duke. But to be fave many do lurve this book muchly.

Megan Frampton said...

Oh, dear, and I am just starting to go throw books in preparation for dumping the ones I don't think I'm ever going to read--and the Duke is getting to be one of those, based on youse guys' comments.