Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not Myself

I'm still reading Cold As Ice by Anne Stuart.

Obviously there is something bothering me because I would normally gobble up a book by one of my favourite authors. I have her rhythm pretty much down pat so I can put the book down when I know I'm about to get sucked in. I just didn't want to mess with my sleep - I'm up about 11am and in bed by 2am - so fifteen hours but some days I'm lucky to get to twelve.

I can't nap.

I'm not sure what's up with that. I went to lie down today because I was exhausted and I did get into the zone where you're just about to fall asleep. I love that feeling. Problem is if you are in that state for the 2 hours you are lying down, you get nauseous. Also a bit of a headache. It's definitely a pleasure/pain place to be and it usually only lasts about 5 minutes *if* I'm even aware of it most of the time. I think Bob coming home from the reno as I was about to fall asleep might have broken the flow but normally that would wake me right up.

So I am definitely missing my naps.

Then today I went to the bookstore and realized that I don't have too many books that I am looking forward to. I'm not even sure I have a 2007 book in my possession (wait, I think Meljean's is 2007 but I'm too lazy to grab my second copy to check) and I have looked over the list of Jan/Feb releases and don't remember anything triggering my 'must have' impulse.

To combat this I am going to write up a list of books (hopefully for the year) that I really want to read, right now!!

That will be my next post so cross your fingers that I have more than 10 books I want to read in the coming year.

Yikes.

I thought I had done well trying new authors last year. I shouldn't be feeling like this for the third year in a row! Maybe it's the winter blahs but then, it's not really been winter up here until now.

Oh, the other thing that is really chapping my ass is that all my favourite shows are still on hiatus! How can I get a real good head of steam for a week of fab TV when half my shows aren't even on. Ugh. I guess the TV execs got us good. Don't want to watch re-runs? Then we'll put the show on hiatus for as long as possible.

Note to TV execs - BUY MORE EPISODES!!! YOU CHEAP BASTARDS!!!

Well, that was kind of uncalled for but it's how I'm feeling. We should all threaten to cancel our cable contracts for the months they show only repeats and well, the three months of Christmas holidays the shows seem to enjoy. Hey, I could use the money for a vacation in the heart of sweeps!

You're right.

I need a new hobby.

No comments: