Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Only A Few More

With Kristie's help I was able to add a few books to the TBB list. Then C2 mentioned another site and there are books there with 2009 as a publishing date!! They also have covers up and it's funny how something will catch your eye. I have learned from this little jaunt that my TBR pile needs to be explored to find some new authors to look forward to.

Added:

Elizabeth Hoyt - The Leopard Prince (April 2007)

Loretta Chase - Not Quite A Lady (May 2007)
Meljean Brook et al - Wild Thing (May 2007)

Meljean Brook - Demon Moon (June 2007)
MJD - Undead and Uneasy (June 2007) - I know.

Kresley Cole - Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Nov 2007)

J.R. Ward - Lover Unbound (Fall 2007)

Since my list is pitiful I am going to try and read some authors with HUGE backlists. I picked up Liz Carlyle's One Little Sin in the hopes that this will bring me to another new author. I tried her Beauty Like The Night last year and it didn't work for me at all. I have run into a few problems with the opening of this story but I also seem to be well engaged by the heroe's incapacity for any kind of responsibility. I guess this is called a 'charming rake'. Although I hope he matures greatly!

The good news is that I am now on book number four for the year and January has not ended yet. I'm telling ya, I'm on a roll!

Edited: Good God! The child in the book is not just window dressing and the bloody thing speaks! In cutesy gibberish! How do I do this to myself?

7 comments:

meljean brook said...

"Good God! The child in the book is not just window dressing and the bloody thing speaks! In cutesy gibberish! How do I do this to myself?"

ROFL! That will get me to put something down so fast ... unless I absolutely can't.

nath said...

I guess I'm missing something here... I don't understand what's funny ^^;

Anonymous said...

hey Cindy,

I've been using Authortracker to help me track releases by my fave authors. It's been working pretty well so far.

The snag is this is a sevice offered by Harper Collins so you are limited by that. Otherwise, it's a wonderful service

Anonymous said...

p.s. now I know why I've been hesitating when it comes to One Little Sin. That book has been sitting in my TBR pile for more than a year.

CindyS said...

Meljean - I'm soldiering through because I keep thinking 'must add more authors to the TBB list!'

Nath - I can't stand children in my romance books and this one is basically central to the story - since I don't read back blurbs I got hit from behind on that one ;)

Ag - woohoo - I'll be checking that out once I get home!

Ag - (says is whispering voice) I see children.

CindyS

C2 said...

You don't read the blurbs? Even for entertainment value?? LOL

I love Liz Carlyle but her One, Two, Three series was not my fave. I have high hopes for the new one.

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy, I agree with C2 about Carlyle. If you can get your hands on 'A Deal with the Devil' or 'No True Gentleman' I bet you'll really enjoy her writing.