Sunday, January 28, 2007

They Call Them The Blues

To say my moods are easily affected by the seasons would be an understatement. February usually ends up being a real mess but I've decided to get a little more pro-active this year.

Since Bob is working at the reno on the weekends I've been at loose ends. Last weekend I thought I was going into a boredom coma but boredom only leads to more time to kill when I would so love to fall into a coma and wake up when everything is better! I almost called one of my best buds an hour away and told her to get in her car so we could go shopping. I didn't because I don't like to give people such short notice. Luckily, I asked her up for this Sunday and on Saturday night we went to see our friends out in Beamsville. So it was an active weekend which is a good way to keep the blues from settling in.

This weekend coming is my best friend's birthday and she mentioned that her and her husband, sister and BIL were going to a restaurant that I quite enjoyed a few years back. I looked at her and asked if she would mind if I invited Bob and I along. She was floored and excited since going out to dinner is so not something I do. I'm just trying to find reasons for me to not be in our house. I love our house but I know that at this time of year I need to get out and have company. Bob was even more stunned and for a good day I sat and wondered if maybe I was biting off more than I could chew but I thought 'fuck it', we're all good friends and they all know my shit so if I bail they'll know why and it won't ruin my friends birthday in the least.

Let's face it, it's my friends birthday and it's not about me so I can leave my baggage at home!

Okay, that'll be the mantra I'll be repeating to myself for the week.

I just finished a marathon of watching a show I never thought I would be able to handle.

Dexter.

OMG!! Talk about brilliant! I really love the premise and once I figured out when to cover my eyes, I was able to watch without causing damage to my inner child.

So that's how I've been killing time this weekend.

I'm avoiding the book I should be finishing called One Little Sin by Liz Carlyle - I kinda stopped caring and from the looks of some of the comments I should be trying her 'Devil' series to read her better stuff. It's not that the writing and stuff isn't good, I just don't care. Been there, done it and want to bury it already. Maybe I'll do a short re-cap in case others would be interested but the toddler along with an 'ick' have kept me from wanting to pick it up again.

How's everyone else's reading going?

6 comments:

C2 said...

You go, CindyS! Take the bull by the horns! :-D

In an unrelated matter, I am so stealing the your "Just Stuff" box on the sidebar! Fabulous idea!!

CindyS said...

C2 - steal away! I stole the idea from someone else and never remember who. It's also easy to remember because it is up top and I can see it and change the numbers as need be.

CindyS

Jenster said...

I'm anxious to hear about what a fantabulous time you had with your friends!

My reading is going pretty good for me. I just finished my 6th book yesterday (Simply Unforgettable) and started "The Queen's Fool" by Philippa Gregory last night.

nath said...

It's good that you decided to be pro-active Cindy! :D However, it really does sound fun :D Luv your "Just Stuff" box as well :P My reading is going well, was able to read 4 books this week-end ;P

Holly said...

I've been reading all kinds of stuff, but my reviewing mojo has completely disappeared, so no reviews from me. But at least I'm reading again, right?

OH SNAP! We have a guest blogger at SF today and I FORGOT UNTIL JUST NOW! SON OF A!

Gotta go.

HUGS!

Holly said...

Ok, sorry about that.

Anywho, sorry you're all kinds of bored right now. I remember getting like that when I lived in SD. Terrible place in the winter, you know. Blech.

Annd...(yes, there's more..isn't there always?) WOOHOO YOU for going out! That's awesome.

K, I'm done now.