Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Book Resolutions (Not quite yet)

Or as I like to refer to them, ooops, WTF, you gotta be kidding and fuck me.

Yep, welcome back from holiday time you're back in the Cindy zone but the good news is I feel like I have a new lease on life but then, we'll get to that. (in another post)

First, I looked at last years resolutions and well, Bad Cindy!

Resolution 1. Make better notes for the TTB list. I actually started this sometime in August in a Word Document. I have some titles to go over since all of my books have been in the 'closet of horror' (do you hear the doom and gloom voice when you read that? Just me again!? Damn.) since well, June 8th of 2006. So this is kinda of an ooops.

You may have noticed recently that my books were freed from the 'closet of horror' and I can now go around and get reacquainted with them. There is a bed in the 'library' where I will probably curl up to take naps but Bob was laying there admiring his trimming while I talked to my books.

You don't talk to your books?

Oh *cough* me neither. Who would talk to their books? (pssst, me) Hey! Who said that!?

Onwards!

Resolution 2 from last year was to read a bunch of my TBR pile by authors I had not read before. Yeah, this is the WTF? because seriously, how hard was this? Since a monkey could pull this one off, I've decided to blame the move and subsequent 'jailing' of my beloved books.

Yeah.

That's what happened.

Next!

Resolution 3 - Figure out what books the dogs ate and replace them. This would be the 'you gotta be kidding me' because I think some of the books were eaten beyond description. Also, I wrote the names of the books down and have no clue where I put it. Helpful no?

Cindy, thou art a moron.

Thank you, I wear it well.

Shut up.

Resolution 4 : "I will continue reading a book until at least the half way point before deciding I cannot finish it. I have been doing that few pages thing again and it's always the start of a slump. I see no reason to be in a slump."

Huh. No wonder I ended up in a slump. That is definitely a fuck me because I couldn't get past 15 pages of some of the books I read this year. Hey, it wasn't like a reviewed them, I just didn't make the effort to read to the half way point at the very least. This one might have to be revived. Ugh.

Next will be a look at why I think my reading time will improve 100 fold this year. I mean, I'm very excited about the month of January because I have decided it's Cindy month and that I get to just sit my arse down and read. No guilt. No emergencies. No socializing (except for my mom's B-day).

In essence, it is the Month of Me!

Yes, it's allowed!

Ahem.

I don't have any children and Bob knows how to use drive-thrus to bring us home dinner. Basically, I plan on a 'reading, napping, eating and uh you know' hibernation! I just need about 6 feet of snow to fall on us so no one thinks I should be out enjoying the day.

Or that I should be their personal taxi. Or that I should be around sick kids. Or, well, any number of things that people call and get me into.

JUST SAY NO!

Yeah, right. I'm such a push over but at least I'll make them work for it. I'll just yell 'NO!' and see if they leave it at that. If not, they'll have to spin some serious magic to get me to leave my new lair.

Okay, I need to think on my Book Resolutions for this year - Go read Marg's list for inspiration or you know, to look at your own list and go sonofa...

8 comments:

Marg said...

I love your list!! And I think the idea of Cindy month is fantastic too! Maybe I could palm my kid off to you...er...someone so I could have a Marg month? No?

Kristie (J) said...

See - that's why I don't make resolutions. 'Cause I just KNOW going in I'm not going to keep any of them *g*.

~ames~ said...

I'm like Kristie, I don't do resolutions. :P

I don't talk to my books, but I do lovingly run my fingers over the spines.

Nikki said...

LOL! You Go Girl! Don't feel guilty, enjoy! I really miss reading and blogging! I really haven't done either since Thanksgiving! But that was last year! I love making resolutions that I don't keep! It's a complusion for me! It has something to do with the year seeming fresh and new- I don't know! Anyway, Enjoy!

Jennie said...

I just need about 6 feet of snow to fall on us so no one thinks I should be out enjoying the day.

Ha! Me too! When I wake up on a rainy day, I kind of think, woo hoo! An excuse to stay on my arse on the couch and read a book. :)

Kyahgirl said...

You crack me up Cindy. A month of reading sounds like heaven!

C2 said...

Hmm...a month of Cindy (brilliant, I tell you!)...I could do that too. Usually I use May because it's my birth month but who's to say I can't have two months?? LOL

I'm so jealous of the bookshelves! I'll have a room like that in my next house - I'm determined.

I don't talk to my books often...just when they've been lost and find their way home. :o) Then I fawn over them and tell them how much they have been missed.

Suisan said...

I was all prepared to keep notes in 2006 and write all kinds of reviews and to read in trends and talk about gloms and backlists.

None of that happened.

When I was sorting my posts, I was quite dismayed at how few belonged in the "Books" section. Tons and tons on Politics. Myabe this year will be better for doing the things I LIKE to do.

Have a Happy 2007. Whether or not you keep those resolutions. OK?