Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy Almost New Year!!

I may have mentioned in passing my love of monkeys. Well, I got a few new ones for Christmas and I love them HUGE!!

So here is a wish from me to you in pictures!




















(I squealed with delight when I opened this gift. I only saw the gorilla at first so image my great joy at discovering BABY MONKEYS!!! Just in case, these are book ends but then, all us readers know that.)

Even though you might not know it, the little things you do bring great joy to others. (Lookit the happy monkeys!!)

Ahem.

So here is a kiss and a simple wish. May you have a drink and be merry on the Eve and on the morrow, enjoy your favourite things!

(psssst, tell me this monkey doesn't just rock your socks!!) I got the rum as a stocking stuffer because my family discovered my love of Pina Coladas (I only ever have one because of the meds. Stupid meds) and well, the gift card is self explanatory. When I pulled this little guy from the package I was floored and then everything clicked and I set up a picture - my family didn't get it but I knew my 'blog' friends would get a kick out it!

7 comments:

Dev said...

Happy Almost New Year to you, Cindy! I like the monkeys :-) So when are you going to make use of your gift card?

Mailyn said...

Happy almost New Year!!!!!!! A great big hug to you and I'll be posting a HPN when your time zone rolls around. Love the monkeys!!!!

Bob & Muffintop said...

Happy New Year!!!

nath said...

Happy New Year Cindy!

and those book ends are awesome!!!! esp. the little monkeys! and lucky you, you got a gift card :P

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Love the monkeys! Do you need a set of bendy monkeys to add to your collection?

CindyS said...

Devonna - I have been so busy in December (uh, like everyone) that I haven't looked for Dec/Jan releases so I am going to do some research to figure out if *my* authors have any books out - I know Meljean Brooks does so that one is on the list!

Mailyn - Hugs back at ya! I'll keep watch for you ;)

Bookwormom - Thanks!!

Nath - I lurve my bookends! I got a few giftcards - people know me ;)

JMC - I have no clue what bendy monkeys are so I'm off to investigate! Glad you liked the monkeys here ;)

CindyS

ReneeW said...

Happy New Year, Cindy. I LOVE the bookends and the monkey with the gift card. Someone knows you well!

oooxxxxxoooooxxxxx,
Renee