Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Side of Mush


I haven't told you all lately just how much of a lifesaver you guys are!

My overactive brain has been trying to flay me alive so sitting and reading is torturous in that my brain won't stop futzing around. To help you visualize, I was able to flip through not even half the weekend flyers last night - so maybe six in all. I was all bundled up and yet my brain kept saying it was cold and needed to sleep so I finally gave in. Also, sitting in the room that I normally read in is overwhelming since the tree isn't *all* decorated and the furniture hasn't been moved to the right areas yet.

So everything is just a touch off kilter which keeps me from relaxing. Oh, I need to get to a **** shop for Bob so I can buy him his gift. The problem I will encounter is that the owners of the store I'm going to love their business and can talk for hours about the type of **** someone should buy. I really don't have the attention span for hours of information being thrown at my head but I decided that Bob would really love this as a present so I'm going in. Believe it or not it was a year ago that Bob and I went to this store to buy him a **** and we were so overwhelmed we just let it slide. So I'll do the hard work and get him the **** he has always wanted - in my price range. Did you know there are **** being sold for thousands of dollars!? Yikes.

So that is playing in my brain because I'm not really sure how I can hide the present from him and then the time it will take and the energy it will consume. Lethargic much?

Stupid brain!

On that note I wanted to let you all know how grateful I am that there is a world of bloggers out there who talk about reading and family and Christmas and toys. You are all keeping me on the right side of sane.

I said the *right* side of sane. Sheesh!

Okay, I'm about to head out into the mean, cruel, crazy ass world - send back up if you don't hear from me by Christmas!

I used the **** in case Bob decided to peek at my blog for what I might be buying him. It might be obvious to him but maybe his eyes will just glaze over and he won't know what going on. I'll let you all in on it after Christmas.

Edited: OMG!!!! Bob started to build bookcases!! I have pictures I will post hopefully tomorrow - he said after a full day, 'you better blog about this!'. I seriously cannot wait to get my books out of that closet so I can remember the ones that I have. Hey, I'm expecting gift cards from Chapters for Christmas and I need to make a list!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy: I want to see pictures of the bookshelves! And, i can't wait to find out what the *** is.

LinnieGayl

Dev said...

I'm waiting for the post on your visit to the **** shop :-)

Bob's a great guy ~ Tell him when he's done, I'd like some new bookshelves too :-)

C2 said...

Bob rocks! He deserves the very nicest **** you can find. :o)

I can't wait to see the new shelves - I'll be terribly jealous, of course.

Bob & Muffintop said...

YAY!! Bookcases. The bestest Christmas present ever. Also- another vote for a post on the ****owners who talk too much.

dancechica said...

Good luck trekking out to get a **** for Bob! Honestly, I hate shopping this kind of year (I hate shopping period but especially now) so I admire you for getting out there.

Can't wait to see pics of the bookcases. I love to see pics of bookcases, especially ones filled with books. :-D