Thursday, December 28, 2006

Oh MAN!

Some of Bob's family are coming tomorrow for about a two hour visit.

Don't get me wrong, I love them and really do want to see them but they are coming for 11am and staying until 1pm.

It's the 10:30am wake up call I'm having a problem with as it is now quarter to 2 in the morning. Ooops.

I made up a Baked French Toast dish that I did for Christmas morning (thanks LinnieGayl! (pssst, she doesn't have a blog but she does post on AAR's AfterHours blog) and it rocked. Tonight I go to make it and discover I don't have enough half and half cream so I hope it cooks and firms up because I can't imagine anyone wanting to eat 'wet' bread. (This was an excellent breakfast and I would definitely suggest leaving over night because the bread sops up all the liquid and WOW! - Oh, I didn't put on the brown sugar topping because it sounded to dessert like and well, brown sugar makes me hyper.)

Other than that, nothing new or exciting has happened, in fact, I do believe I am being a dreadful bore!

On that note I will now go and visit my blog buddies.

7 comments:

Holly said...

OMG! That breakfast sounds delish! I'm totally trying that out. :)

Huh. 10:30 wake up, eh? I have faith, babe, you can do it. :)

I'm off to read the rest of your blogs that I've been missing. I checked my email Saturday and then hadn't checked it again until today. I have more than 600 emails. And those were just the ones I WANTED to read. UGH. I think I'm finally caught up now. LOL

Holly - who throws out random thoughts just because.

Anonymous said...

This is Long tran, your lost sibling! Thank you for your cool comment! I hope you don't mind having new replies to your blog. Your new blog pal. Long =)

Tara Marie said...

That breakfast does sound delish--LOL. The milk should be fine, the half and half usually only adds to the depth of flavor.

Hopefully C-Rex wont be awoken with the early wake up call. Have a great visit--it's only a couple of hours.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Cindy: I'm glad you liked the breakfast dish. It is good. Your bookshelves look wonderful!

LinnieGayl

~ames~ said...

You're not a bore. Sheesh. :P

I'm not a big consumer of brown sugar, but I'm sure it would make me hyper too. LOL

My mom uses brown sugar on carrots-it's very good. That's the only way I eat cooked carrots.

Hope your visit goes well tomorrow!

Suisan said...

We basically make the same thing every Christmas morning. But it's sliced bread, eggs, milk, a dollop of mustard, grated sharp cheddar cheese, and bits of either ham or sausage. Layer the ingredients, pour the milk (or cream) and eggs over the top and refrigerate overnight.

My kids call it "Scrambled egg casserole."

Very yummy and easy, but not so sugary.

Hope your visit goes well. :-)

CindyS said...

Holly - At least you wanted to read those e-mails - I hate spam and 'they' have found me again the bastards. Try the breakfast thing because it really is easy.

Long - Thanks for coming!! I read your comment over at Meljeans' and I swear you sound just like me so I'm going to be hanging out at your blog for a bit ;)

Tara Marie - I feel bad but my MIL was not well (they MIL and FIL are in there late 80s) so they decided not to come down. Bob came up at 9am to let me know so I wandered back into sleep. Man, I love sleep ;)

LinnieGayl - Thanks! I just love my new book room and it has a bed too!! ;) And that recipe is truly a life saver - I think that will become a Christmas morning tradition - easy peasy and filling. Just what you need for opening gifts ;)

Ames - Thanks hon but there are days I think I'm reaching ;) My family puts brown sugar in almost everything. Sloppy joes? Has 2 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar. Pumpkin pie - I don't eat it but when I made it for my parents they knew immediately that I didn't use brown sugar - I had followed the recipe and it called for white. My hyperness comes in when I used to put a teaspoon in the bag and eat it raw. Yeah. I'm not the brightest bulb - I don't do that anymore. No. Really.

Suisan - hmmm, mustard you say. I think I might try making it with the brown sugar crust at some point just to see how it tastes but you're right, it's yummy and I like things that are simple.

CindyS