Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fumes

Sorry guys! Reading is far from my realm of possibilities right now because I can't seem to turn my brain to the 'just enjoy' setting. I start one thing and am assailed by all the other things that need to get done. Oy!

Tonight the plan was to knock off the rest of the Christmas gifts (except Bob's) and I was slamming it! I had a list, knew where I was headed and wasn't going to take any prisoners.

Then something like my spleen exploded.

Or you know, something just as dramatic.

I mentioned how my time of the month has been getting progressively more painful? Well, I started on Sunday and had the normal cramps but this time I was not going to take anything Aspirin based because it makes me want to puke. Tylenol to the rescue! So we do Sunday and it hurts, Monday hurts also but the Tylenol is taking the edge off. Today I wake up pain free and think nothing of it because that's normal for me.

I've been up and moving for over 4 hours and am hoofing it through the mall, cleaning off my list when out of no where my ovary (must have been cause what else is around that area (lower left)) decides to do a triple sow cow and land on it's ass.

Okay. That hurt but I'm a woman and I can take it. Whatever.

I no sooner had one of my last purchases paid for when the lower back decides it too would like to aspire to some Olympic greatness and also lands on it's ass. And possibly it's head.

Good God!

The plan was to stop at a few other places on the way home from the mall but there was no way I could walk. I was lucky to get back to my car without curling into the fetal position and crying for my mama!

It was as I turned onto our street that I decided I was close enough to push down hard on 'the ovary area' of my belly to see if I could get the pain to stop. Bloody hell if it didn't ease up! I came in, dropped the stuff at the door, stumbled for the Tylenol and curled up on the sofa. An hour later Bob got home (9pm-ish) and I crawled into bed for a few hours.

I don't have one friggin' clue what that was about - the pain is usually gradual and much more general and I have never had it come on out of no where like that.

Aside: I have a ton of crap in the house and not one pure piece of chocolate! (Bob got a sampler which is just a bunch of ways to ruin chocolate and I was desperate enough to try some but quickly learned the crap in the middle wasn't worth it.)

That was my night.

I know, I'm living the dream!

4 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

Sounds like me. Sucks tremendously. Only, I get most of my symptoms in the middle of the cycle around ovulation. And my cycles are s hort. Quite fun for all.

~ames~ said...

That sounds kind of worrisome sweetie. Especially if the pain is getting worse. :(

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... you may want to see the gynae if the pain continues to worsen and the flow gets heavy.

I hope it gets better though for you.

mailyn said...

Sounds like a trip to the doc is needed. I mean cramps can be bad but it's better to be safe. Hope you feel better today!!!