Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What's Up? Cody!!

(Edited: I'm off for a nap so I have not proofed this - I'm just about to fall asleep in this chair and I think my bed would make a better refuge! So, read at own risk.)

My tummy is giving me fits so I haven't been a good blogger. Bad Cindy.

Bob left for his business trip this morning so maybe the gidgey tummy is me missing him.

Okay, there's some stress stuff too.

Cody goes to the vet in the morning which means I have to be awake in the morning. My best friend invited me to dinner tomorrow night so there will be no sleeping in and acting like a cat.

Before going for dinner I'll have to pick up my groggy puppy and make sure he's all settled and then there is my over anxious brain worrying that I have the stomach flu. (Went to my Aunts' for her birthday and my cousins beau was sick. Throwing up sick. Not that we saw him because he stayed in bed but I was in a house with a vomiting person. That's right up there with flying when it comes to fears.) So basically, I get myself all worked up for about 72 hours wondering if I'm going to get sick and NO, do not tell me if the incubation period can be longer because I feel stupid enough being a henwit for 72 hrs!

I haven't done Christmas cards, the exterior lights or the interior lights, in fact I have done no Christmas decorating yet and I'm feeling a wee bit frazzled. The good news is that I think I'm actually rocking the gifts this year in a fun way.

Oh! Let me show you!

*blink*

That scream you just heard was me discovering that I cannot put up pictures which means that I need to change the title of this post (Partial Rendition) because on top of not being able to show my super cool gift prowess, I can't show you my gorgeous bathroom pictures.

So this post is now just a whiny 'Oh woe is me' thingie.

Hmmm, I'll tell you about this morning and maybe that will make you smile.

I don't know if you know this but our puppy Cody gets put in the den when I go to bed. There is a child gate that we put up. Now you might wonder why would we do this but you would have had to know our dog Cody since he was a pup. Here is an example of his high jinxs.

Anyways, lately he is stuck to Bob or I like glue and he seems to have passed the need to eat drywall although he still loves to chew on paper (see his destructive powers here). So when one of us goes to bed we let Cody pick where he wants to be and normally that's at the side of the bed snoozing away.

This morning though I was exhausted and crawled into bed before Bob left. He asked if he could leave Cody out and I said that was fine because I figured he would come upstairs once he saw Bob out the door.

Well, Bob leaves and I hear the click of Cody's nails on the hardwood. I wait and minute and then yell for him. (Yell because he is deaf) He doesn't hear and I yell again.

That is all I remember because I must have dropped right off.

I wake up at 2:30pm still groggy but aware that something isn't right. I don't hear Cody snoring. I look over and Amber is on the bed. Hmmm. I roll over to go back to sleep and notice that Emma is on the floor beside the bed.

Uh-oh.

In the old house this would have meant nothing to see Emma by my bed but it doesn't happen here so I figure someone has been terrorizing the kitties. (He doesn't do anything to them but you know how cats are). At that moment I hear a thump followed by the clicking nails of puppy paws. I groan and pray he wasn't sleeping on my leather sofa.

I get up from bed and go down the stairs. Once he sees me he realizes that I've been home the whole time. He happily gets up and follows me back upstairs so I can go back to bed.

It's hours later before I come downstairs to discover Emma sitting dead center in the kitchen with a look that has frozen my heart many times. I look over at her food dish and don't see it. Crap. Cody ate all their hard food, licked their wet food dishes to a shine and tipped over the kitty's water bowl. Ugh.

It was hilarious when I filled up the hard food bowl. Normally Emma launches herself at the bowl but she just turned her back and went to stand beside her upturned water bowl as if to say 'this needs to be addressed also!'

I figure the house stood the test of Cody and well, he'll be gassy from eating the cat's food but that's spilled milk.

I have to run a few errands and start gearing up. I put on my sneaker and then reach for the other one only it's not there. Huh. I look all over the house about four times before giving Cody a funny look. I mean, a whole shoe would be quite a feat but I can't find the sneaker anywhere.

I end up putting on Bob's sneakers because I only own one pair of shoes and have to make an extra stop to buy myself new shoes.

When I get home I call Bob and we talk about our day and I run through Cody's hit list. I get to the shoe and Bob starts laughing. Last night he had set up the guest bed and to do so he had to remove tons of plastic which he threw down the stairs. He then scooped it all up and put it in the garage.

Yep, my shoe was under a bunch of plastic in the garage.

Never would have thought to look there. See, he's messing with me and he's not even home!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey interesting post, keep up the work

ReneeW said...

oh, cindy, thanks for cheering up my dreary life :0) You are a scream. You have a way telling a good story. My cat 'speaks' to me in just that tone too (don't they all). I can just picture Cody loose in the house have a ball. I can't sleep when my Bob is out of town. Every little noise freaks me out. Hope you feel better after your nap.

nath said...

oh, I hope you can figure out for the pics :D I'm curious :D

I got to read your previous posts about Cody and Rocky, so funneh! however, may I ask: is Rocky still alive?

CindyS said...

Awww, Renee - you are always good for my ego ;) I just came down from sleeping and Cody was sleeping on my new sofa (covered in blankets). I tried to get to the camera but he heard me so I don't have a pic but I will catch him sooner or later! ;)

Nath - Rocky and Cody were just two whirlwinds but I realize now it was Rocky and his boundless energy that kept these guys getting in trouble. Rocky passed in July at 13 1/2 yrs old. This is the post I wrote on that day.

http://cindyl.blogspot.com/2006/07/
spirit-in-sky.html

It's funny how things strike you. We had our first snowfall in our new home and I started crying. Rocky loved the first snowfall - it was always like a great surprise when he ran out the door and discovered everything was white. He would put his nose in the snow and then run full tilt so that the snow flew up and over his head and onto his back. He also loved to roll in it. Since our new back yard is huge I would have loved to see Rocky do the 'snowplow'. He really was just too funny.

CindyS

Mailyn said...

LOL! My lab/pit mix loves to eat stuff as well. Hi favorite thing? Plastic. He loooves plastic, no matter how hard. It's a pain in the ass trying to keep him away from everything because he just likes to chew on everything! I have stories. Aren't they so cute? Mehehe

Holly said...

AHHHH! I had this WHOLE comment typed up and Blogger ate it! Stupid Blogger.

Ok, condensed version:

Sorry about Cody.

Can't believe you switched to Beta.

I've missed bloghopping. :(

My lab mix eats my underwear.

I swear it sound better before. :D

CindyS said...

Mailyn - thank God because I swear I thought it was that Bob and I were bad parents. It really is like having a two year old running around and the stuff I have to take from Cody - lately he finds Kleenex boxes and then pulls them out one at a time and eats them - nothing like hearing the 'shush' of a tissue leaving the box while sleeping!

Holly - Short version but I ended up laughing! Luckily Cody only goes for socks. Oh and he was eating the paper off Bob's rolled up coins for the bank. We'd get up and find loonies all over the place (Canadian dollar coin)!

CindyS

Holly said...

Hold on a sec. I think my brain wasn't working properly yesterday, because I think I missed the most important -and unbelievable- statement of the entire post...

because I only own one pair of shoes

*blinks*

That was a joke, right? You don't really only have one pair of shoes, do you?

*blinks twice*

Seriously? Oh honey, we need to talk.