Sunday, July 30, 2006

Someone is Trying To Tell Me Something

Here we have what was once beautiful baby blue on brown leather journal that I recently started to use to keep track of books that I want to buy.

Now, before I decided to use one of my most favourite journals I had filled an 8x11 sheet of paper full of titles. That sheet has disappeared completely and there were many titles that I can't for the life of me remember.

So, yeah, I 'm bitter about it but I will now use a proper journal to keep track of the books I want to buy.

Well, tonight Bob and I went out and came home to find this cute little journal in Cody's jaws. Cody's been so very good but I think he gets anxious when we go out together and probably fears we won't come back. (Hey, it happened with Rocky) so I'm not even remotely mad at him although it was one of my favourite journals. Since I did love it, I bought at least one extra one so I can break a new one out.

All the same, I'm starting to wonder if maybe someone is trying to tell me that I shouldn't be buying books at this time.

Sorry it's such a short post but it is now 12:30am and I need to head to bed.

I know!! I'm totally into a normal sleep pattern.

We'll see how long that lasts.

8 comments:

~ames~ said...

It's not a sign to not buy more books, it's just Cody saying he likes books too. LOL

Max likes to chew on the cat when no one's home.

Mailyn said...

lol!!! my baby likes to eat plastic and foam. he already ate 5 of his beds and two houses. yes, two dog houses. lmao.

CindyS said...

Ames - THE CAT!!! That'd give me hives from anxiety. In this house the cats rule with hisses and some good boxing with their front paws - yeah, I didn't want to declaw our cats but Bob explained what would happen. Let's just say the dogs owe us HUGE!!!

Mailyn - Maybe your baby is telling you he owns the 'big' house and bed - he doesn't need no stinkin' small stuff ;)

I should re-post the one about Cody eating baby oil - that's a classic.

CindyS

~ames~ said...

Baby oil? WTF? LOL Did he get sick?

Dogs are crazy sometimes. Max is fine with the cat, amazingly enough. I've heard so many stories of Jack Russell Terriers killing cats. The only time Max is aggressive with the nameless cat is when he tries to come into my bedroom. That's "our" domain. But Max is like that with everyone coming into my room.

The other thing he likes to chew on are his tennis balls. I bought him this hard rubber ball to play catch with and he doesn't like it because he can't destroy it. LOL

CindyS said...

Ahh, the baby oil post. Link is here -

http://cindyl.blogspot.com/2005/08/funny-dog-story.html

I still crack up!

Oh, and Cody has destroyed even those indestructible KONG things. I took one back in a baggie in about a thousand pieces - for years Rocky would sniff out a piece of this red KONG and bring it to us, drop it in our lap and then wait for us to throw it. I mean, it wouldn't even be an inch big!!

Thanks - just remembering how Rocky would look when he dropped those little pieces in our lap is a great memory. He'd be all - "LOOK WHAT I FOUND!! THROW THE BALL, THROW THE BALL!!!"

Course every once in a while we would tease him by pretending to throw and he'd run around searching - he caught on fast though and if he didn't find something in a minute he'd come back and wait for us to really throw the ball - problem is, sometimes we really had thrown it and it had bounced funny so we would end up fetching the ball.

CindyS

Anonymous said...

lol I love that the page you opened it too has my name on it! Yay Jay! lol

Anonymous said...

blearg, to not too. Clearly I've gone back to school not a minute too soon.

CindyS said...

I can't believe you could see that!! Yeah, I sometimes put the name of the person that loved the book so that I remember who to thank or have a curse put on ;) You're in the thank you pile!!

CindyS