Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Shopping!!!


It wasn't until just this moment that I thought to be curious as to why my husband decided I needed a trip to the bookstore. Hmmmm, wonder what I'm going to be painting, prying, carrying or demolishing next.

Right now, I don't care because I have some new beauties - 3 of which I didn't know I would buy until I laid eyes on them!

I went in knowing I would buy Date Me, Baby, One More Time because Jay really enjoyed it and well, I needed some fresh blood in the TBR pile. Also, I think this may have been the first book I have ever seen her squee over. Ooooooo, awwww, look at her website intro. Yes, I'm easily amused.

Next!

Angel With Attitude by Michelle Rowen was like two books away from DMBOMT and since I am reading and enjoying Bitten and Smitten I thought I would pick this one up also. Not sure about it and Jay did say she couldn't get into it but again, maybe my low expectations will carry the book.

At least I'm honest!

I'm sure it's been done to death but where the hell did Warner Forever come from? I guess I should have asked before I bought 3 books from this publisher. Maybe the have a 'no sex' policy.

Crap. Maybe I should have kept the receipt.

Ah well.

Now this one blew me away because I had no clue she was in paperback.

Hunting The Hunter by Shiloh Walker!!! I didn't even read the back cover because I don't care, I just want to read a book by this author. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I have her confused with a romantica author or something and it'll turn out the book is young adult which will have me searching for the highest cliff to throw myself off of.

Uhhh, oops. Didn't know I wouldn't touch young adult books with a ten foot pole?

Okay, seriously, you need to breath. Deep breath in. And out. There, feel better? It's okay, just remember it's my loss.

Oh look, she wrote for Ellora so she is the author I was thinking of. Phew. All that drama could have been avoided if I had only looked first.

You okay?

Breathing normally yet? You had to go get a paper bag to breath into didn't you? It's all good, I do the same thing when someone says they haven't read Anne Stuart. We keep oxygen on hand for emergencies.

Moving on!

Oh man!! I can't get any more pictures - F#%king Blogger!!! I wanted this post to be all pretty and stuff. Crud!

Dark Sky by Carla Neggers. I bought this because a few people mentioned how The Widow was a great book and was reminiscent of Linda Howard when she could bring it. Since The Widow is in hardcover and I have yet to buy an author I haven't read before in hardcover I thought I would pick one of her other titles. Edited: Okay, colour me confused. The Widow hasn't even been released yet! There are too many bloggers getting ARCs ... I'm a blogger - why aren't I getting any ARCs!!??

Yep. It's that simple. Wouldn't fork out the money for the book recommended. Hell, no. Had to pick a title at random off the shelf. Hope it works out.

I remembered to look for Kate Lyon's book but seeing as how it was Chapters - maybe was can start calling it Crapters - they didn't have the book in stock. I guess I should be feeling lucky that they had 4 other options for me to pick up.

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling towards that bookstore.

Lucky.

Now, imagine my crappy attitude if I had left that store without any books.

Yikes!

Before anyones head blows off, it was an inpromptu visit and thus, 1. I could not check availability of titles and 2. I did not have my TBB list with me which was truly the real crime.

4 comments:

Mailyn said...

dude lmao why can't you post pics? how are you posting them? all you need is like one line of code and that's it. let me know and I'll try to help.

Anonymous said...

Now there's all this pressure on me for you to like DMBOMT! I feel compelled to point out however that I like slightly bizarre and quirky books and this was definitely that. Remember my favorite book from last year was Turn Left at Sanity, a book I think 7 people at most read.

And I've squeed before! Its not often, but I have done it! :)

(Reconstructed from the original comment I tried to leave 17 hours ago. It was much more witty last time.)

~ames~ said...

I tried to comment this morning and blogger was being stupid.

But I was going to say something about Crapters and how we like to rename our stores. Radio scrap and crappy tire. LOL

CindyS said...

Mailyn - I'm pretty sure it's blogger - as you will see I posted a photo gallery up above but I loaded all the pictures before I wrote the blog. Usually I write the blog and then upload the pictures from my PC.

Jay - Oh no you don't!! Are you squirming? Don't worry I think you and I have different tastes only because you read so much chick lit and less romance whereas, let's face it, I'm a romance whore ;) Still, I'm looking forward to it and she would be a new to me author. It's all good.

Ames - Damn, I'm unoriginal!! Course, I never thought about calling it Shitters! Guess you can't say that in mixed company ;)

CindyS