Monday, July 31, 2006

Warning - Post Written Just Before Bed - Strap In!!

I know what you're thinking.

When did this blog become about pets?

It's all good. I regret not having a thousand and one pictures of Rocky so I'm constantly taking pictures of Cody when I think he is being too cute for words. He was sleeping and that one ear is just cocked so it would be standing if he was upright. So yeah, things might get a little canine like around here but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

Bob surprised me today by coming home at noon and taking me out with him on a business run.

It's hotter than hell but screw that, it's the friggin' humidity! (This sentence makes more sense later on in the post. On re-read I have no idea why I threw this in here but I can't figure out where to move it and since it's really very important it gets to stay!!)

So I'm a day walker at the moment and by moment I mean the last five days. When Bob is on vacation I try and be normal - not that he cares but hey, I want us to have plenty of time to shop and drop some coin. I hit the proverbial wall today at about 4pm and had to crash - I woke up at 7:30pm so I know I'll probably be up for another hour.

You know me, I try and do a quick post and I write an epic novel so I'm trying to keep this brief.
While at the warehouse Bob had to go to, I wasn't allowed in because I was wearing shorts (which I remembered when we got there and that I probably didn't meet safety regulations) but I got to stay in the airconditioned office outside the warehouse.

Since I was left alone I cracked open Hunting the Hunter by Shiloh Walker and I'm hooked. Too bad it's going to be in the 40s tomorrow and I'll have kids coming over for the day to use the pool. THEN. One of my best buds is coming the day after to lounge by the pool and possibly go out and shop. So reading will probably get put on the back burner.

Thing is, shopping in this kind of heat can really take it out of me.

Edited - holy shit, you're about to go on a bender and this is why I shouldn't post so close to bed time!!

I can't remember if I have mentioned this or not so forgive me if I'm repeating myself.

When I was 17, the family went to Florida and it rained and it was cold and it was not fun. So, the first nice day my mother and I hit the beach and I fall asleep in the sun. I was burned to a crisp and it was only 2pm. So then I meet another girl my age and we hang out all day by the pool - in the sun - in the heat. We go to a local mall to shop and the store whirls, I black out and then puke all over the store.

Glamorous.

At the exact moment this is happening to me, my Dad, brother (12 at the time) and Mom had gone out to dinner. They had finished up and Mom was in the parking lot when everything went wrong. She told Billy to go and get her a bag and to this day we all start laughing whenever we talk about this.

So my dad is paying for the dinner and Billy comes in and says Mom needs a bag - they get around to it and Billy walks out. The door opens a minute later and Billy strolls back in. My dad gives him a questioning look and Billy says 'Too late.'

Yeah, two glamorous chicks on the town.

I was okay by the next morning - youth and all - but when my mom went to shower I guess the pain was so bad she barely made it out to the bed before her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she was out. I remember thinking she was dead and dad's yelling for a cloth which Billy brings but it's dry and Dad's yelling about getting a damp cloth and Billy is all 'what do you mean by a damp cloth?' and the minute Billy gave my dad the cloth I grabbed his arm and we ran out of the room.

My father still won't let us live that down but DUDE, we so don't do sick!!

Well, ever since then I can't take the sun or the heat. I'm figuring we had sun stroke as opposed to heat stroke but maybe we had both. Mom says she can't sit out like she did when she was younger either.

All the same, going from heat to air conditioning, back into the heat and then AC and then heat and then AC - well, my body gets wonky and it wants to lay down before it starts throwing up. Since I'm all about NOT puking, I listen when it starts thumping at me.

All this was to mention that I had started another book. Aren't you glad you come here?

Since we can't end the post on whether or not I will puke this week, here is another picture of Cody further out so you can see how his paws curl and look cute and shit.

Yeah.

Cutesy dog pic, blah, blah, blah about my day, oh I picked up a book followed by long ass story, a reference to puke and another cutesy dog pic.

I'm telling you, if I don't win some Award thingie for Blogging I'll be friggin' shocked!!

2 comments:

~ames~ said...

Great post! LOL Love the pictures of Cody-and that's why you keep posting them. Books and pets go together, just like vampires and sex. It just makes sense.

I have a horrible story about the sun that involves a bleeding nose, not puke. It was BAD.

~ames~ said...

Just finished reading the baby oil post. Cody is psycho! LOL