Friday, July 07, 2006

Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas


KEEPER, KEEPER, KEEPER, KEEPER, KEEPER!!!!



Derek Craven *swoon*

I'm telling you I just want to hug him and squeeze him and maybe even bite him. Just a little.

There must be a hundred and one reviews of this book out there on the inter-webby thing and if you are really wondering if you should read this, go ask Kristie. No really. I dare you.

Cindy Summary: Sara Fielding is a writer who does real research which means hitting the mean streets of London. Derek Craven is an extremely wealthy gambling hall owner (just so you know, whenever people talked about his gambling hall I would be thinking of the ones in the HBO series Deadwood but from reading the book, it's more like the glitz and shine of Las Vegas).

Craven was not nurtured or brought up by anyone so emotions are not his strong point. He has no real clue how to deal with them so Sara Fielding is freaking him out so he leaves her. Many times. And then finally he doesn't. The end.

*snort*

I mean, I can't really tell you all that happens because everything has to happen as you read.

Oh and you know how I don't like epilogues?

This one was perfect and mrrrreow.

Things that didn't sit well - the separation but then, I do tend to hate those kind of things. I would have liked to see Craven crack just a little sooner. I was pissed at Sara for trying with her so called fiance but then you can't blame someone who is told 'to forget', but blame her I did. If you don't like books where everyone adores the heroine this book isn't for you but then, I liked Sara.

The things I loved far outweight the rest although when I re-read it, I'll skip the separation part ;)

I am now about to embark on the 'great book blues' mystery tour which usually has me moping around the house sighing and eating way too much chocolate.

Kristie, it's time to ante up. I read it, now you have to fill the empty spot!

7 comments:

ReneeW said...

OMG you read it! Finally! I agree about Derek, I wanted him to crack sooner too. Kristie will do the happy dance when she sees this :)

Kristie (J) said...

Here I am doing the happy dance.

(happydanceCindyreadit - kick left - happydanceCindyreadit - kick right!!!) Now do you know why I want everyone to try this one? While it may not be everyone's favourite book and Derek might irritate some and Sara others, still, for those of us who love this book, we really, really love it!!

I shall go through my all time keeper list now and try and replace it. *g*

Mailyn said...

muahahaha....another Derek fan!!! wait till Holly finds out LMAO

Kerri Wall said...

LOL Cindy! Glad you enjoyed it! I just finished Garwood's The Bride...it was so good!

...Fiona

CindyS said...

Renee - yep, I finally decided it was time to break the glass and yeah, Kristie is dancing ;)

Kristie - Oh, yeah, loving it! You have done well adding to the list on your blog but feel free to throw some westerns in there!

Mailyn - oh no! There's groupies!!

Fiona - I'm so glad you enjoy Garwood - I loved her books when I first discovered them and would haunt the bookstores waiting on her next one - this was back when I didn't understand about publishing and why her new book wouldn't be out the week after her latest ;) I miss her in historicals but I think she has moved on.

CindyS

dancechica said...

Hmm...well I just got through reading this book but my opinion of Derek was not so loving. LOL. (I did like the book though, just not as much as some others. *looks around* LOL) Glad you enjoyed it though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahh ... so I see Derek Craven has made another conquest.