Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blogger Hates Me? & Pimpage

Well, I suddenly realized that if I was the only one having problems with Blogger then it was possible that it wasn't Blogger and it was me.

I know! It's okay, go get a paper bag to breathe in, I'll wait.

We good? All right then.

What took me so long to get to this conclusion?

I'm never wrong.

Excuse me while I maneuver around my ego. *singing while driving around Mt. Ego* "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, she'll be ..."

There we go.

So I remembered this fancy techno thing that came with the computer which was like a way back time machine.

System Restore!!

Super cool. No really. My last computer was from something like 95 and I don't remember there being a system restore so I would end up nuking the C drive and starting from scratch. Blech.

So I restored my computer back to before we moved although it's only been about two weeks that Blogger has been kicking my ass.

That last blog I did with all the pictures took me hours because it would only let me upload three pictures. Then I couldn't upload the book covers so then I thought I would try uploading the covers to my test blog and voila - they arrived - except for one that didn't even show up in one of the programs I recently downloaded (Picasa). That's when my ego got a wallop and my brain shifted into a forward gear.

So, the system has been restored, I'm running a virus scan as we speak and soon I will know exactly how *ego steps up 'ahem'*. well, it rhymes with cupid - I am.

And now for something completely different.

Book Ring Pimpage!

Over on the left hand side of your screen down low - keep going - no past the links - yeah, past that Blogger button - AHA!! A Romance Reader Ring has been born!

No, I didn't create it. Remember? Lazy.

It is the brain child of Fiona and Dylan - woohoo!!! Brave readers they are.

Anyways, you can go to this link and look at the questions and decide if you would like to belong to the group. Basically if you love romance books and post about books (seriously, if I can get accepted with the amount of book posts I do - shut up, I do so post about books!) you're in. What I like is that every once in a while they will highlight one of your blog posts or ask if you want to post about something.

For instance - WTF with Anne Stuart? Yep, that little post will be by me and yeah, I'll have to sit with that one for a while because normally I'm all WTF!! You haven't read Anne Stuart?!

Kristie - they would probably love to have you do a Derek Craven post and in return you might just find more readers for your list ;)

Since I know that most of you blog more about books and romance more than I do, I thought you would appreciate a heads up.

Yeah, I'm cool like that.

Look it that - we've come full circle and ended up back at Mt Ego.

Now that's a trip!

Edited - interesting I still can't get a photo to upload. Maybe Mt. Ego is BACK!!!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Don't worry, I've been having problems with Blogger too.

~ames~ said...

LOL @ Mt. Ego!

I look forward to your Anne Stuart post.

Blogger is dumb.

Rowena said...

I look forward to your Anne Stuart post as well, thanks for pimping the ring out, that was real sweet of you!

Blogger is retarded these days because I cant post pictures...and Kristie J if you read this, if you join our ring, you can persuade me to read the books! hehe.

Mailyn said...

ok, I am going to post about this because I haven't had any problems with posting pics ever so it may help you guys out.

can't wait for the Stuart post!

Kerri Wall said...

LOL...thanks for the pimpage Cindy! Hope the restore helps!

Fi

Samantha said...

Blogger is being picky about what pictures it lets me post. So, I said screw it and started using photobucket for the book pics.