Friday, July 28, 2006

Really, It's Just All About Me

I mentioned earlier that Bob took Thursday and Friday off to get a long weekend. Next weekend is a long weekend for uh, at least Ontario (according to Wiki) but my extended family decided that would be a great time to crash in our area. These are the same family members that blocked us from doing anything for the long weekend a month ago (Canada Day Weekend) by having us all up their way for a birthday bash.

Bob says that's rude.

I say shut it and cope.

I've never once said my family was thoughtful.

So, I'm on a sleep schedule that is sure to have someone in the general area of Southern Ontario end up in a headlock today. Hey, you rub the lamp you roll the dice - happy Cindy or C-Rex - since I think I'm heading into that time of the month it's more likely the bone crusher C-Rex will take someone out.

In trying to be up during Bob's vacation time I stayed up until 3pm yesterday (Thursday - that'd be 8 hrs after I normally hit the sack) and woke up at 1am ish.

The plan?

Stay up until at least 10 pm today.

Okay, the real plan is not to injure anyone and stay up until late in the night.

Stranger things have happened.

On the reading front, I have been lugging Sex, Lies and Online Dating by Rachel Gibson around but the opening scene has me backing off already.

Chick is driving a BMW, drinks lattes of some sort and wears Eddie Bauer. Huh. I have nothing in common with this person so I put the book back in the TBR pile (near the bottom of that scary closet) and pulled out Hunting the Hunter by Shiloh Walker.

I have much more in common with bloodsucking kickass monsters.

Shut up.

Gonna go into the book blind! Uh, I mean I won't bother with the backblurb, just dive right in.

All this to get to the story of my dog and my black and white cat Emma.

First I give you this picture.

Bob and I got home, I opened the front door, dropped all this stuff on the floor, took one look at Emma and knew I needed to get the camera.

I walk to the den, climb over the kiddie gate (you can see it there) walk past the slumbering Cody, pick up the camera, think 'what a cutie' snap two pics and head back out of the room.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is our terrifying guard dog. I know. He scares me.

The fact that our dog would sleep through people carrying out the flat screen TV and the computer with the digital camera is probably just a small way that nature pays us back.

For what you ask? Read on.

Here is a picture of our lovely Emma. Note Emma's beautiful black and white fur.

Oh, you too notice the canary yellow that is on her paws, neck and even though it doesn't show in this picture, her nose and mouth?

Ahhh, she has been playing with the yellow lillies that Bob bought for me when Rocky passed.

Okay, she's been eating them.

I'm waiting to see what kind of urinary tract infection will occur from this little excursion. *Oh please, don't let that happen*

Meanwhile, Emma is completely oblivious to the fact that her fur is dyed yellow and will happily pose for pictures sure that her beauty is legendary.

Like I said, we deserve to be robbed and have pictures e-mailed to us of our sleeping pooch while the action was happening.

This is why we would be very bad parents.

5 comments:

~ames~ said...

LMAO!!! Max doesn't sleep, or if he does, it's with one eye open and both ears scanning for sound. Really. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like I'm being watched, and he'll be staring me from the side of the bed. Is he making sure I'm still alive?

And my cat eats our plants too. But your cat is gorgeous with her multi-coloured self. Aww! Hope she doesn't get an UTI. I think you've had enough with Cody, right?

Mailyn said...

they are so damn cute!!!!! lol they probably knew it was you guys and didn't bother to get up.

oh, today's post on blogger and adding images may help so check it out. lol.

CindyS said...

Ames - Okay, that's creepy! Amber has scared me a number of times by putting her paws on the bed and just having her head showing. I'll open my eyes and all I'll see is this alien like head. We've scared each other many times.

You know we've noticed (and by we I mean me) Cody is having sinus issues. I mean, his nose is actually running. I've never seen anything like it. Here's hoping it's nothing.

Emma has almost groomed herself back to her double colours.

Zeek - yep, I'm starting to worry I have a dark fascination but one of my friends spent a year deep into vampire fiction so I figure I'm doing all right.

Mailyn - okay, you're giving Cody way too much credit. Trust me, the look of surprise on his face when he woke to find me on the computer was hilarious. Thanks for posting about pictures because I definitely need the help - now blogger can only eat my posts but I won't go pictureless again!


CindyS

Kate said...

emma can reach her armpits and neck? That's a pretty lithe cat--wouldn't guess it from the photo.

I think you're right about the campanula or however it's spelled.
That's definitely what's growing in completely blurry photo of green patch number three, or four. (I'd go look, but I'm lazy.)

CindyS said...

Kate - sorry I should have mentioned that Emma also likes to lie on the petals that fall - did you see the yellow down far on the belly! She will lay on any object like a chicken on an egg and be able to fall asleep. Every once in a while she'll show up and the mouse will end up under her. Silly cat!

Yeah, I'm sticking with campanula but then I'm all - huh, could be sweet william (it's not) oh, woodruff (not) and then I have to stop thinking because I don't know what I'm talking about ;)

CindyS