Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Silly Crap

I tell you, I can't tell if I had a bad day or if I'm just in a bad mood.

1. Cody is now on his second round of antibiotics and they are having a wonderfully aromatic and sloppy side effect. *gag* Cody did his biz in the backyard and I thought I was safe to take them for a walk even though I always bring a bag. Egads! That dog dropped a mound of runny, stinky-ass poop at the half way point. So I'm grossed out and the smell is making me gag but it's not his fault and we all valiantly make it home where I scrubbed my hands because I have an obsessive-compulsive streak about cleanliness.

2. I'm about to get in for a swim after walking the dogs and getting super hot but I am skimming the water first. I wonder why the skimmer isn't working and I get that bad gut feeling that things are about to go from bad to worse. I open the skimmer and give a sigh of relief until I get the fish net we bought to get the pine needles out and pull up a dead chipmunk. Gee-rosssss. I'm horrified for the chipmunk but I'm also freaked out about a dead body being in my pool. So I'm definitely skeeved out and my gag reflex is working over time.

3. We think one of our neighbours has a compost heap that is now smelling like donkey ass. Makes me furious that this smell in emanating into my backyard. Dude, move your gross shit up towards your house so I don't have to smell that while trying to go for a swim. Gag reflex still getting a workout.

4. Okay, this is good news in that I did get into the pool but I didn't swim for long because as I mentioned before, wee bit skeeved out.

5. I cannot go into my kitchen without smelling the cat's litter because my husband insisted that he would have a hole broken into the garage first thing. It's now been a month since we moved in and I swear I am starting to lose weight because I refuse to go into the kitchen at night. I tell you, our cats are pretty but they can smell up the entire house. I'm considering buying a huge industrial fan and setting them up downstairs. Anything to be able to eat again without the smell of poop.

I mean, this can't be my life now can it?

Am I to be surrounded by animal turds, smells and corpses?

I realize now that I'm going to have to get proactive in this and the first thing to change is going to be that cat litter. It's going to happen pronto! Cody will be better after the meds are done *fingers crossed* and those of you who have had pools or have them, did you ever find a way to make sure that critters did not drown?

Oh and you wouldn't believe the infestation of caterpillars here. It's the first year they have hit and they eat and kill all trees over 3 - 4 years. So guess who will be spraying pesticides next year and we're so not pesticide people!!

*sigh*

I'm sorry I was hoping I would have read something interesting by now or have done something with the house but there are too many things bothering me that I have been waiting for Bob to deal with.

Looks like I'm about to take over.

Oh yeah.

Bob's not gonna like some of the results.

6 comments:

Suisan said...

on the animals in the pool, nope. Grandpa's pool trapped frogs on a fairly regular basis.

I feel for you on the odors thing--there are times when you just can't win for trying. At least you know that Cody'll get better after the round of antibiotics, and you know that at SOME point the litter box is going to move.

The compost pile? If it smells THAT bad, then he's got it too wet, or he's composting meat or something. Pure yard trash shouldn't stink like that. Maybe it's a seasonal thing? Hmm. Trying to think of a tactful way to discuss compost with a neighbor. Not getting much.

Keep cool...

~ames~ said...

I'm sorry for you, really I am. But that post was just too funny. Surrounded by poop, stink, and corpses. LOL

Whip your man into shape! And I hope Cody gets better soon.

Mailyn said...

what's wrong with your doggie?? oh man, I'm sorry he is on meds.

and poor chipmunk, man that's just sad. :(

CindyS said...

Suisan - the people who have the compost were out last night enjoying their pool so if we could smell it then so could they. Maybe now they'll do something. Either that or they have no 'sniffer'. I have a wicked schnauz that can scent stuff most people can't. Weird life when I have such a weak tummy! Bob's trying to come up with a ladder for the critters to climb out of the pool. I'm all for it if they can get out and don't get trapped under it!

Ames - I hate to complain without trying to be funny so I'm glad you had a LOL moment ;) Years ago Bob and I were having our first marital fight about the fact that one of his cats didn't know what a litter box was for. At the top of my lungs I yell - 'I can't live with little pieces of feces every where!!' Bob and I couldn't stop laughing for an hour but maybe it's only funny if you yell it. Go try and tell me what happens ;)

Mailyn - Cody has a urinary tract infection which is rare in male dogs so he is on his second round of antibiotics. I swear he had no side effects from the first round so dealing with this round has been a feast for the senses. *gag*

CindyS

Mailyn said...

man I hate it when animals get sick. you always feel so powerless. I mean it's not like you can explain it to them. I always break down like an idiot when my babies get sick. ugh. I hate it.

hope he gets better soon!

ReneeW said...

We had a hot tub years ago but it was small enough to put a cover on it. I have a cat box that looks like a little house and use that cat litter with the blue crystals and it works great for keeping odors down (but it's not perfect). Hmmm, I agree with Suisan, the compost pile should not smell that bad. We had one and could never smell it except if you were standing right next to it. They should put a tarp over it. Hard to approach that tactfully. Hope Cody gets better soon.