Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Stormin'

We had a storm roll through last night and just before logging on to the computer the power went out. I actually heard the transformer blow - hey, not a lot of noise at 4 in the morning.

Not being the least bit sleepy I grabbed my New York Times Crossword book, a flashlight and pencil and sat in the living room for about 30 minutes. After decimating any belief in my intelligence with not one, but many puzzles - I flip through answering the questions I think I know and then have to cheat and look at the answers in the back only to discover that I have either A) over thought the damn thing or B) simplified when I needed to complicate - I crawled into bed and wrangled with my sleep demon.

Actually it must be my anxiety demon because it's a restless mind and body that keep me awake. Going over and over things from the past or crap you know is coming at you in the future. It's all futile work and knowing what my brain is doing doesn't help the situation because now I'm just aware of what is keeping me awake. Well, maybe that helps rather than thinking I just can't sleep.

I've picked up the book Bitten and Smitten and am trying it out. I was all set to give it a good go but things are unraveling in Bobby's world which means that things don't sit so well for me.

First, there are some changes at Bob's work which he is taking very optimistically and that is sooo not like him so I'm edgy. Even so, he is on a new project which I think is wonderful in that he loves a challenge and he definitely has one now!

Then there is the reno house.

The shit is starting to hit the fan and I'm spoiling to get in the middle and straighten everyone out. Thing is, I shouldn't be getting worked up about the house. I don't even have to set foot in the house. At least, that was what I was told but I can see that C-Rex may have to step in and knock some heads around.

Short story - *snort* - flipping houses - this is the third time for Bob and I. The first flip was 50/50 with my parents - all equal risk but Dad carried the house for nine months. Second flip we brought in a third partner to be a finance person in case people wanted to do this full-time - good time to get the ducks in a row. Therefore, 3 way split of profits and Bob and I carried everything. The *buy in* is 1/3 the down payment then the finance guy takes on the rest of the burden.

Or so we thought.

This is the first project that the 'finance guy' is supposed to be carrying and Bob and I are learning the hard way that people are big talkers and not so much on the doing. All we've heard for months is how this guy has money sitting in the wings for the next house. So we buy the next house and all of a sudden this guy doesn't have the money. Everyone ponied up their 1/3 but now he is talking about splitting the monthly costs!

Uh, no.

We didn't ask anyone to give us more money when we were covering the last house. I have a bad feeling that we are about to get a front row seat to a 'sink or swim' lesson.

Let's just say the bastard better start stroking because he's not going to want to deal with me.

Damn, this guy is messing up my karma.

Edited: Crap - again with no pictures! Blogger is failing miserably!

3 comments:

Mailyn said...

ok, wait, are you selling your house? I'm confused. I am totaly lost when it comes to things like that. All I know is to pay the bills. and I even forget those sometimes. lol.

CindyS said...

Mailyn - I'm confused and I'm living it! ;)

Okay, we just moved to our dream house (it will be our dream house one day because it needs a ton of work but it's got good bones) June 8th and we have now put our old house up for sale. So right now, I'm paying 2 mortgages. Ugh.

On the same day we bought our dream house one of our *partners* bought a house to flip. So we now have 3 homes *but* I don't have a mortgage payment because we only had to put in 1/3 of the downpayment.

So I am talking about 3 different houses, one for sale now, one in a renovation stage and my new digs.

Anyone elses eye twitching? Just me, eh?

CindyS

Mailyn said...

good grief woman! how do you deal? I'd up my meds. I've already told my doc my mood stabilizers aren't stabilizing enough. lmao.

you go girl! I couldn't keep up.