Monday, July 17, 2006

Woohoo!!! It's Fixed and It Wasn't Me!!!


There she be!! I finally got a picture posted (and it just happened without me doing anything so I'm going out on a limb and saying it wasn't me - this time)!

I won this award from Kate Rothwell. The idea was to pretend snark about a book you didn't like. Something just a few sentences long. Now, there was a little something you could do to get bonus points and it was to use Lemur in your snark. You can go and see what I wrote to win such a wonderful piece of art.

Did you go and read? Yep, won by over using the word Lemur. Hey sometimes you have to stack the deck ;)

Since I will never win a Smart Bitch title I will happily display my snarkiness for all to see.

Now, this is where I must apologize - I'll put it in big font in case you're all just browsing and think, 'I don't care about Lemurs' and go to move on.

I'm Sorry For Being Such An Ass!

Yep, there I go, thinking I'm all that! Can you believe that I thought creating a blog template would be, if not easy, something I could do without my brain trying to jump ship? I'm one of those people who rarely, if ever, reads a manual and I thought that just futzing around with the jpeg files would change my blog.

Uh, no.

I'm not going to drop the idea although I do suggest you get used to the scenery here.

For those of you who have created your own blog templates or have managed to even tweak one, I bow before you, humbled by your ability.

Now, if only I could inject myself with the information I need to create a template. Like in The Matrix. Seriously. Living in a computer generated world would rock if you could just download what you need to know. My mouth waters at the idea of knowing how to cook something besides the same old, same old.

Actually, screw that, I want that thing on Star Trek that creates what you want in like a millisecond.

Damn. I'm hungry.

9 comments:

Kerri Wall said...

LOL Cindy.

Congrats on the Lemur! Now you just have to get him loaded into your sidebar!

Fi

~ames~ said...

That lemur is too cute. And congrats.

Don't worry about messing around with your template - it becomes very addictive if you ever figure it out.

(oh yeah, I'm blaming you for this current change-my-template-itch I've got going on, because I am working on it) LOL

Suisan said...

Congratulations snarkilicious CIndy!

Mailyn said...

congrats on the award! cute lemur. lol.

all you need is some coding knowledge and some design skills. there are a bunch of tutorials online for both. I can help if you have any questions. (^_^)

ReneeW said...

Cindy, you are too funny! I think you have a future as a comedic writer. Congrats. Take advantage of Mailyn's offer of help for a new template. She has a gorgeous blog.

Megan Frampton said...

Happy you have a lemur award! Every nocturnal Canadian with a pain-in-the-ass backyard pool and a palindrome-named husband deserves one!

You go, girl!

CindyS said...

Fi - sidebar???

Ames - Now you're just showing off because you *know* how to change your blog template ;)

Suisan - thanks for not using 'Lemur' in your snark or I would be waiting for a parrot and a lemur!

Mailyn - HELP!!! First question - do I need photoshop to create a template because holy crap that's expensive!!! I should tool around more but I keep going back to this website by Jennifer but I think everything is photoshop based. May have to dig deeper.

ReneeW - every time you tell me I'm so funny I go back to the post and think 'what'd I do!?' Mailyn's blog is gorgeous!

Megan - what'd you call my husband!! ;) Ohh, I'm going to contact customs Canada but I'm betting I get a big raspberry but maybe, just maybe the people who stole my books will rush them back. Hey, could happen.

CindyS

Mailyn said...

thanks rene!

cindy to actually create your graphics you need an image editing program like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop which are for messing around with images. now if you just want to use a plain picture without doing anything to the pic then you don't need anything. just post the pic as your banner or background. I've seen some rather nice blogs that didn't have graphics just pictures. hope that helps. :)

CindyS said...

Phew!! I think I have a paint shop program on this thing somewhere. Just knowing that helps immensely. Now, to find the time to putter. Again with too many people coming and going!

CindyS