Monday, July 17, 2006

Might Be A Good Time

Well, I have watched many take the leap into sprucing up their blogs and I'm thinking maybe it's time I took the plunge. Since I seem to be in stasis right now - I think I was depressed today because it was hard to even feed myself - maybe now would be a good time to play around instead of depressing everyone.

Also, being the owner of a pool is exhausting. I love having company but Bob and I haven't had this much company ... ever!! There hasn't been a weekend where we were free to do what we wanted. It never fails that the BBQ gets fired up and then there are drinks and chip bowls and towels and crap every where!

We were supposed to do the 'Bob and Cindy' weekend but the temperatures here were 31 and 32 degrees Celcius and we just couldn't keep the pool to ourselves. I do think it's funny that not too many people bothered with us when we had the above ground 12 x 24 pool. Now that we have this huge lake in our back yard (18x20 inground concrete pool) we seem to have more people interested. Bob said we should invite the neighbours over. Uh, yeah. Could I have a break for a few days?

The good news is that the people behind us have a pool and our neighbours seem to be over there every weekend because there kids are best friends. Hey, that's all good. I think I just had a rough time today because I was kinda comatose and Bob kept saying things like, 'where's Cody, can you get so and so a drink, could you feed Cody, where's Josh ... '

Also, Bob got a funny gene when it comes to socialization. Bob thinks nothing of doing other things while we have people over. Bob will invite people and then I'm the one entertaining them while he goes and waters the plants, remembers something he wanted to do with the wiring and whatever else will pop into his brain. I tell you, it's a good thing his friends and family love him!

On the flip side, I know that if I'm having a real bad day I can say to him that he can't leave me with everyone. That man can stick like glue when he knows I need him ;)

Okay, can anyone tell me how this post went from a 'sprucing up' post to a 'we're socially inept' post.

Yeah.

The usual.

Tomorrow I will post the award I won by beating a dead horse! Hey, sometimes I take instruction a little too well ;)

Edited: Okay, I'm gonna need a clue. I can't post pictures. It goes through all the motions and even has the part where it says 'done'. I click that and nothing happens. It did this to me before but others were having problems also but now, is it just me? Fi and Marg - don't answer that!!

7 comments:

CindyS said...

Damn, I posted this and I see a few errors but now Blogger won't let me back in *shakes fist in it's general direction*.

So, maybe it's not me!

Excuse the mess.

CindyS

Kerri Wall said...

Cindy, the few times I've had problems uploading pictures it was due to one of two things:

1. For me, I have to have my cursor at the top of the post when I upload. If I'm down at the bottom and then scroll up to the top to 'fetch' it, it won't be there.

2. I think blogger has a way of reading picture permissions. Some pics it won't let me upload at all. Of course, I've never had a problem with my camera pics, so...

Don't know. Sorry Chica. E-mail me if you want help.

...Fi

Kerri Wall said...

A new look is exciting though! Good luck with that! But be careful, it has the tendency to suck you into a very deep and very dark hole.

...Fi

~ames~ said...

Oh, changing the look of your blog is very addictive! Believe me, I know. I changed mine not too long ago and I already have that urge again.

Have fun! LOL

Kristie (J) said...

If you change the blog - make sure you do a copy of everything in the template and save it in Word or something. And good luck. Just the thought of making any changes terrifies me.
And as for pictures - I think we must do it completely different. I use Picasa and post pictures in the test blog I have then copy and paste them into the real one. I never did figure out how to do it in just plain old Blogger.

Megan Frampton said...

Good luck with the blog changing thingy--and belated sympathy on your loss.

Mailyn said...

I'm realy sorry for bringing this up but I cannot believe I didn't see the loss of your baby. I wasn't in for much of the weekend. I am truly sorry and all I can say is that all animals go to heaven since they are all good so he will be in good company.

email me about your blog because I don't want to take up all your comment space lol. what do you need help with? mailyns_mail@yahoo.com