Friday, July 14, 2006

Briefing Shortly? or Shortly Briefing?

I have no clue why that is this posts title but it just jumped into my head.

Yes, you should heed that as a warning.

1. Cat Litter - *covers ears and hums* I'm in denial.

2. Rocky is very unwell and I'm hoping he didn't hurt himself by forgetting he's an old guy and not a young pup. He went from really perky to 'if I don't move it won't hurt'. I'm trying not to over think what's going on. (The vet put Rocky on aspirin because his back legs were starting to hurt him. I just didn't expect him to go from walking like he was on ice to leaping like a frog!)

3. 3rd partner finally told us what he is doing. He's out. This means that Bob is the only labour on this job and he promised me a summer. Of course, loving this man, I can't sit by and watch nothing happen at this property. The good news is that Bob knows not to push it. I can invite people to our house and we can go to other people's homes for visits. I don't have to hear Bob grumble because someone dared to have a birthday on a weekend. In return I go to the jobsite. I'm not sure why Bob likes me on jobsites because my mouth just never stops. Hey, if I'm miserable, everybody is miserable!

Let's face it. I'm going to be painting like a sonofabitch. Not only that but the exterior of the house is painted brick so that's just a whole lot of painting. We're going to price out a crew to come and do the exterior because NO ONE wants to hear the bitching I would be doing on scaffolding. I'm not afraid of heights as much as I'm afraid of falling. Since I'm a clutz, scaffolding is really just a huge death trap.

On that note, I have to decide on exterior colours because right now the house is white and ugly. Real ugly. We need curb appeal pronto. Anyone good at this? I'm going to go to a bunch of paint websites now and see if they have those 'traditional' colour groups that are always classic and appealing.

4. I'm going to go lay down beside Rocky for a while now. The exterior paint colours can wait another day.

3 comments:

Suisan said...

The only painted brick house that comes to mind is the one near my parents that someone decided to paint bright saturated blue with brown trim. Yummy.

Personally, I've always wanted to live in a butter yellow house with pale blue shutters and white trim. But my house now is a modren adobe with no shutters at all. Hard to pull it off.

Mailyn said...

OMG I'm so sorry your doggy is doing bad! We had to take a friend's dog to the vet yesterday because she wasn't feeling well.

I hope he gets better soon!

Oh and have fun painting. I hate painting. Ugh. LOL.

~ames~ said...

{{{ROCKY}}}

I fear the day Max shows his age. As a jack russell, he's still pretty hyper and spry (don't let his chubbiness fool you). I hope Rocky feels better soon!

No advice for house paint because, like Mailyn, I do not like to paint. Blech. Have fun with that! LOL