Thursday, December 07, 2006

Gifts and Reno

Woohoo!! I have picture capabilities!

Since I'm soon back to bed this will hopefully be brief. *snort*

Okay, Christmas gifts first.

My Dad loves his garden and for years we have been getting him eagles or owls for his yard. This year I told him if he didn't give me any ideas for him he would get a ton of birds. Well, my dad never tells anyone what he would like and he always says surprise me. One year we will all carry out our threats of coal let me tell you! Lucky for him I have been on Ebay for the past month trying to find unique gifts that you never see up here in Canada.

Thus, I found this beautiful Heron.

Maybe you're thinking this is too girlie and maybe it is and maybe next year he'll make a list!

Even still, his favourite colour is blue and well, it's a huge bird! It stands 3 1/2' tall. Yep, I'm going to find out just how much my Dad loves me.

It'll either be visible or behind all his spruce trees.

My Aunt is also a bit hard to shop for although she said she would shop for herself and then get the money from us. Uh, okay. So she went out and bought a few things but I couldn't help myself when I saw this on Ebay.

My Aunt's dream is to actually see Mexico one day. Since that isn't financially feasible right now she has been bringing Mexico home.

I saw this colourful Sombrero and knew my Aunt would have a good laugh and you better believe she will hang it somewhere prominent in her home!

On a completely different bent (you knew it was coming) I went to place an order for Bob's gift tonight and the lady at the store in Toronto said that shipping the item to my house would cost a small fortune. I said 'what, like 50 bucks?' and she said, 'no, much more'. Ugh. So I'm trying to decide if I have the cahones to drive to Toronto with my best friend to pick it up. I've noticed my anxiety level is much higher than normal and I'm not sure I want to test it's boundaries so close to my all time panic day of the year. Christmas day. Actaully the day itself isn't the problem, it's the dinner. Uh, it's not the dinner because I *love* turkey dinner but it's the stress of my parents. Ugh. That's a whole different story so let's move on for now.

Bathroom Reno!

For those who don't remember the scary ass pink bathroom here is a reminder.

Yep, screams Pepto Bismol which might just end up being my drink of choice over the holiday season.

Also note the lovely snot green counter top.

My sweet cousin's boyfriend who is the slimmest man I have ever met (one of those who can't put on weight no matter what he does and yes, it pisses him off) came out of the bathroom the first time and said 'Wow, that's a small bathroom!'

Here's where we are today!!

Booyah, Baby!!

Bob has to put up the final piece of trim that goes over all the tiny squares but since he wouldn't let me paint before he tiled he had to leave it off so that I could paint without having to tape off sections. Taping is a sure way to have C-Rex come for a visit.

So the floor is marble and the walls are tumbled marble and it's all from Home Depot. I swear I have no idea why I felt the need to hurt my brain by going all over the place looking at tile stores because once I knew what I wanted it turned out that Depot had them. Course, the day we went to buy them they were out of stock AND they had their promo on for not paying for a year so you better believe I raised proper hell. They ended up writing up 4 different orders because they didn't have the tiles in stock (Depot is horrible for not having the most basic of goods in stock - makes Bob flip it does), they didn't have the toilet we wanted in stock and they had to special order the marble chair rail and bullnose I wanted. We spent something like 3 hours in the store just getting their people to place the orders since they belonged to different departments.

I kept my cool.

Okay! I didn't maim anyone.

And just because I think these next two pictures are hilarious I'm going to post them.

The first looks like an Emma ghost - this was taken after waking up and discovering that Cody had run the kitties ragged. Poor Emma looked like she'd put her paw in a light socket but the flash whited out her nose so she looks like a frazzled ghost.

Isn't that the perfect 'I hate you' face?

What a sweetie!

And then I took this picture and I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the result. I sent it to Bob because he wanted to know if the pets were missing him (stop laughing Renee!) and I put the caption 'Evil thoughts on what to do with your pillow'. They hate when Bob goes away because he looks after them. I'm more likely to turn around and tumble over one of them and not clue in that they are hungry. Yesterday I truly believed that Amber was sensing my sore stomach and thus the reason she slept practically on my face.

Later I realized it was her way of saying 'HEY! I'm hungry!'

I'm always just a touch hurt that the extra attention wasn't just because I'm mom. Nope, it's all about how to get me to notice the food bowl, water bowls and cat litter.

I hate cat litter.

Wow, hope you enjoyed the long ride to nowhere!

Just to let you know I'm going to be blog hopping for the next day or so (haven't been anywhere except Kristie's), so I can catch up. Also this weekend is the first test of my inner strength for the season. Maybe I'll post about that tomorrow - most of it is normal stuff but there is one thing I'm not looking forward to and those who are in the know will have some opinions. For those not in the know I will post links to what you might want to read to understand the potential stress situation.

Okay, now I'm just rambling. Hope some of you will be around on the weekend and blogging about your day - I need my blog hopping fix!!

12 comments:

Marg said...

The new bathroom looks great! Much better than peptobismal pink!

Dev said...

Wow, what a difference! The bathroom looks great. You and Bob have been busy.

Holly said...

I think those gifts are really great and WOW! The bathroom is AMAZING! I love it. ;)

I'm still on Hiatus at my blog. I've put up a few new posts, but I'm not creative enough to type up something original. Yeah, it sucks to be me. lol

I was cracking up at those 2 animal pics, too. LOLOL Especially the "eyes".

Jenster said...

Gorgeous bathroom!! I love painting and laying tile, etc. Looks like a fun project.

Jen

C2 said...

Fabulous tile in the bathroom! And the "hate you" face is cracking me up! LOL

nath said...

Man your bathroom looks AWESOME now! Is it still the same size? Anyway, too bad you didn't get lucky at Home Depot, but the result was great!

Oh man, the two pics, a bit freaky. Especially the last one! but at the same time, the last one is very cool :D

~ames~ said...

That bathroom looks great! And that bird is cool.

Cute pics of your kittens!

Jennie said...

I love the tile you all picked! The bathroom looks great.

Awesome pictures of the kitties.

Tara Marie said...

LOVE the bathroom. The vanity/bowl gorgeous, tiles fab and the facet in the wall brilliant. Completely jealous.

I want Emma to come for a visit, that face is great.

Kristie (J) said...

Wow! what a difference in the bathroom - very nice! And you have a toilet in there now lol.
And your cats. That's the thing about cats isn't it? It really is all about them. If you can get past that fact - that they really don't give a damn unless their needs are being met - they are really cool animals. And I admire their self-absortion *g*

Mailyn said...

Love the bathroom!!! And luuuuv the kitties!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bathroom! And the cats eyes photo is excellent!