Friday, December 29, 2006

Colour Me Confused

I got a few cool things for Christmas and I set up a photo that I thought you would all get a kick out of. Problem is that some how our camera dock is missing it's power cord and the do-hickey that connects it to the computer!

I'm completely clueless as it worked yesterday and yet now I look at the hook ups and realize it's not just the power cord missing.

Me thinks that Bob may have something to do with this although he asked me what was wrong with the camera dock last night. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out what Bob may have done - I bought him this cool foot massager that is now under the desk working it's magic on my feet.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Ahem.

Anyways, he probably pulled on a few things to get it plugged in which might be why the camera dock doesn't work. Hopefully I'll get it working by New Years.

For Christmas I got 100 and something dollars from our bookstore Chapters (I'm not sure exactly because the person didn't put how much - I mean, how hard is that!? A buck, one hundred? I don't care, just put it on there!)

I hit the bookstore before Christmas but I can't recall exactly what I bought.

HEY! I got distracted by all my glorious books being moved out of the closet of horror. Here's what I remember:


Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane. I have no clue what it is about but it's Jay approved so I'm in! Since I asked for recommendations for great chick-lit, Jay has obliged by saying this one would be near the top of her list. I say let's give it a whirl!


Jay has also approved Sylvia Day's last book and it's on my TBB list but I think I'll have to order it online.

Then I finally tracked down The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt which is Kristie approved and since 'dark' was mentioned in relation to the hero I was sold. Not only that but it is a Warner book and I have been having a run of good luck with them.

What else .... what else, oh!

My Big Fat Paranormal Wedding Anthology. I started the first story and was thrown by the language so I stopped, the next one was by Jim Butcher and since I've only ever read the first of his series I decided to skip to the next one. I think it's the one by Rachel Caine and one of the characters reminded me of Jack from Pirates so I was rolling my eyes a bit but now I'm sucked in and want to know what happens and since my brain only has moments of relaxation the story length is probably just right. I'll let you know how I do.

Finally (I think) is Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank. I have no clue. I think I heard something and I can't remember if it was good or bad so I was standing there staring at the cover and yes, I admit it, I was sold by the tag line or series name, whatever, The Nightwalkers. I'm not proud. It's a weakness and I'm thinking about working on it.

Not yet though.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo first comment on the entry! Just take your time and read what feel right as the time. =)Sounded like you had a great christmas! I myself haven't read a book since July mainly because i'm writing a book. Anyways, hope you have fun reading!

Marg said...

I want The Raven Prince but so far I haven't been able to get hold of it!! Hopefully soon!

~ames~ said...

I didn't get nearly that much for Chapters-but I've got a nice list going for my visit to the store.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm not supposed to buy books till after the New Year, but that's just a few days away. LOL

And thanks for mentioning the Raven Prince-I've added it to the list. :P

Holly said...

I've been seeing Jacob in the stores and been tempted to buy it, but I haven't yet. Let me know if it's good and I will, though. :)

I'm kind of over SK, so I don't think I'll be reading anymore of her books. Meh.

I want The Raven Prince, but I haven't found it at the UBS or Wal-Mart yet, and I haven't been to Borders or B&N lately. But it's on my list.

Happy Reading...when you're in the mood.

Oh, and good luck with the camera thing. I hate it when that happens. :)

Bob & Muffintop said...

I'm very impressed with the bathroom & guest bedroom/library photos! You & Bob do great work together. I can't wait to see the Christmas loot (as my dad would say). What else did you get with your book money??

Kyahgirl said...

oh, great pile of books!

Happy New year Cindy :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, see some interesting ones you've got there. I've been thinking about Hoyt's, and wanting to try warner's books.