Saturday, December 09, 2006

Weekend Extravaganza!

Okay, that sounds like we should be having some fun!

We will but I always have the pre-anxiety crap to deal with - apparently increasing the meds does very little. Crap. I wish they would invent the 'normal' pill already!

Saturday we are going to Bob's Christmas party for work which is quite nice since for the last few years the guys were just going and playing pool for an afternoon. Bob mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he was going to his work's Christmas party but I guess knowing me he didn't mention that I was coming along. Why get me stressing early?

It's good though, apparently it's a few hours of bowling and then dinner at a nice restaurant. My problem is the restaurant because it's about 45 minutes from home. Hey, I rarely eat in a restaurant 2 minutes from our house! (Kristie knows) Bob ordered me prime rib which I would love to itty bitty bits if I was the one to cook it. Well done is not a concept many cooks embrace but I'll be sticking to my guns C-Rex style. Or maybe I'll be too nervous and the pound of raw meat on my plate can just sit there.

My one time best friend was the coordinator for one of the 'fancy' Christmas events a few years back and she was very precise with the chef about my dinner. Still came to the table blood red and I wasn't going to say a word but my friend saw the blood from her table and made them take it back. I sat for about 20 minutes while everyone ate dinner and when it came back I hid the plate from my friends eyes and ate the parts that were closest to well done.

I figure tomorrow night will be a repeat but I'm not going to bother sending it back as the gravy will probably throw my stomach into a tail spin anyway - especially if the cook has added cream (which I didn't know people did that!). I wish we could have ordered off the menu so I could have had a salad or something that I knew would not want to play tennis in the belly.

So that's tomorrow and then on Sunday we have a mini-Christmas with my best buds which is always fun. I'm just not feeling prepared. Actually I haven't wrapped anything and probably still have a few things to get. Ugh.

THEN, I think I mentioned that I 'bought' a present for Bob from one of the Toronto stores that we went to in the early fall and the stupid sales woman wouldn't even consider shipping it to me because it would cost a small fortune. Hey, if I'm dumb enough to pay it then ship it already!!

I'm thinking of asking my best friend to go on a two hour event trip with me to pick up this piece. Perfect time of year for me to have a melt down. Wonderful. I know my friend would do this for me no problem which is probably why I haven't called and asked. Yep, anxiety loves to mess with me. I just don't want to get half way there and have the mother of all panic attacks. Not this year. I can't afford it this year, next year sure, but not the year I'm hosting Christmas!

Ahem.

Anyone else hear a screeching in my writing?

You guys are way to good to me for putting up with my crap. I'm still carting around Drop Dead Gorgeous by Linda Howard and if anyone is waiting on another opinion before buying just let me know and I will make more of an effort to put my butt in a chair and read!

Thanks everyone for the comments on my almost finished bathroom.

I'm tickled pink. *bad-um-tish*

And goodnight!

5 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Well - I've been waiting for your opinion on Drop Dead Gorgeous. And Tara's too - I know she's read it. I loved it and it's ever so much fun discussing loved books.
I don't know what to say to you about the Holidays. If it's any concellation (dang! another word that just doesn't look like I spelled right. I'm going to have to start carting around a dictionary), I think they are hard on most people - we just don't let on. So just try and relax and go with it knowing others are finding them difficult too. And well done prime rib *shudder*. That's one are where Ron and I were totally different. I like my meat with a healthy dose of pink bordering on red and he liked his well done. It was very difficult to acheive the right balance sometimes :)

Dev said...

Prime rib ~ Medium rare, thank you very much. Anything more is like chewing on leather :-) Sorry. I'm not big on parties either ~ if I go I pretty much stick close to the people I know and get out as soon as I've been there a polite amount of time. Although, sometimes I forget I hate parties and end up staying way later than planned. Here's hoping it's the latter for you.

Anonymous said...

Cindy: I hope the party wasn't too awful...I generally hate parties. Right now I'm trying to think of all kinds of excuses to get out of a couple work-related parties coming up in the next few weeks....ugh!

LinnieGayl

Bob & Muffintop said...

So it's Sunday night- did you survive??

Speaking of meat- nothing more than medium rare, please. I'll take my chances with mad cow. LOL

Holly said...

I finally got my review of DDG up, so if you're curious you can go read it. :) (No spoilers)