Monday, December 04, 2006

There's A Style!?

I just finished putting the first coat of paint on the bathroom - it's almost complete but Bob has to go away on business Tues through Friday so I think the state it is in will remain stagnant.

I was hoping Bob would put the bed frame together for the 'blue' room but he never found the time. Looks like I'll have to warm up my salty language to prepare for that task. Nothing quite cures like cursing like a sailor when it all goes to pot.

I should mention though that Bob cleaned the hell out of the kitchen and the rest of the house - I gave up once a two inch layer of plaster dust settled on everything.

I may have told this little story before but at the old house when the contractors from the insurance company were finished with the basement it was a piece of beauty. All sparkly new. My Dad comes over to help Bob with something and sees him pull his table saw into this newly fashioned room. He was stunned when Bob turned it on and started cutting a panel without a thought of the dust he was creating. See, my Dad would have been shot on the spot but my Dad doesn't realize that I got sick and tired of explaining to Bob the mess he was making years ago. Hey, he always sweeps up the dust (that's his excuse). I have yet to see him wash a wall though.

After 11 years of marriage I don't get my dander up about the state of the house anymore. I do get miffed if Bob gets upset that the house is a mess when we have company over. I'm no neat freak but I don't walk through the house with my muddy boots on an hour after someone has vacuumed. I now know not to get upset after vacuuming because I swear it's a given that Bob won't even think about the floor unless company is coming. At that point I no longer give a shit and put my feet up and read.

Okay, looks like my dander still gets up.

Anyways, I think I'm back on nights (I prefer being up at night when Bob is gone anyways) with loads of stuff to do yet. Ugh.

So I give you this - kindly swiped from Bookwormom.





Okay cuddles and my kiss. My kiss rocks. Okay, maybe it's just my whorish ways. Potato - poe-tat-oh.

Oh and for those of you in the know about werewolves and such maybe you can find time to pop on over to Bev's and help out with a certain quandary that I've pondered a few times myself.

Okay, I'm going to go and clean up all the painting crap I had to drag out.

See, I'm a trooper!

Pictures to come soon.

9 comments:

nath said...

Hey Cindy :D

Good progress ;D It doesn't matter if the state of the bathroom is stagnant... anything would be better. Cos your bathroom was pink right? or some horrible color right?

As for the seduction test, I got the same result :P

~ames~ said...

CINDY!!

I missed you, you sexy thing! LOL

Bob & Muffintop said...

Can't wait to see the photos!

Colleen Gleason said...

You are a trooper!

And, my dh is a super neat freak when it comes to doing home improvements stuff...so much so that he tends NOT to do it because it will make such a mess.

Sigh. We can't win, can we?

CindyS said...

Nath - I love you for remembering - I'm going to do up a before *almost* after set I think for today's post.

Ames - I missed you!!! Glad you are back but a working vacation can still be a good thing.

Bookwormom - remember you asked ;)

Colleen - Thanks! I'm like your DH but not in the neat freak way but in the 'OMG that's just going to be a HUGE pain in the ass' kind of way ;)

CindyS

Stacy~ said...

Great job Cindy - feel proud.

Yeah, when I saw your post, I said the same thing: there's a style??? LOL

Mailyn said...

Your power is cuddles!! OMG I'm still laughing my ass off at the test result. That sure is funny, the power of cuddle. Dude that just reminded me of the Care Bears! :-P

Jennie said...

I got Midas touch too! Funny quiz.

Good job on the painting. Want to come to my apartment now? ;p

CindyS said...

Stacy - pics are coming!

Mailyn - HEY!! I'm a calculating care bear!!

Zeek and Jennie - the same result? That's just too funny - now I want to go back and retake the test and see what my mood is like tonight ;) Oh and Jennie, NO ;)

CindyS