It's 12:30am so I just closed out Boxing Day and everyone has gone back home to their own beds and Bob and I have the place to ourselves again.
Things to know:
1. Cody was such a charmer that even my Mom took a shining to him (she's afraid of dogs since she was bit by one years ago) & he had no gas for the past two days!!
2. Those of us who wore our jammies (8/11) have decided to make every year a PJ Christmas - we may be over-ruled but we are living the dream! The thing about jammas is that you are comfortable all day and even after dinner you don't have the 'my pants are too tight' feeling. We were all very much in the spirit!
3. My Bobby took a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day and that never happens so I was happy to put a blanket over him and let him sleep.
4. I had no nap because I had too much to do! Even so, my new Angel Aunt Nora helped immensely with putting out the snacks and preparing the side dishes for dinner. Then my brother came and he and I spent an hour in the kitchen talking and cooking together. I had a great time with him!
5. You shouldn't even have to ask - yes, we were all very spoiled! Oh and Bob's gift was a brand new bike from a speciality store that will fit him properly and ensure that the bike is just the way he wants it. Bob loves to ride and has wanted a better bike for a few years (we bought 100 dollar bikes when we started to make sure we would ride - Bob loves it and so do I but I think I would need a new seat and really, I can't keep up with him)
So, I got a new phone (a red one where some of the proceeds go to AIDs in Africa) that flips closed because my old phone had an open keypad and it would call out if it was in my purse where the buttons could be pushed. (yes, you can lock the keypad but then I would have to read the instructions and well, lazy). Wait till you see my MONKEYS!!!! I don't have the camera hooked up so I can't show you but I think you will enjoy my little set up.
Let's get to the good stuff:
My new Book Room/Guest Room (click on the pictures to get them to blow up - oooh, ahhhh!)
AND the bathroom was ready in time for guests!
Bobby has grouted tiles before but never tumbled marble. Whenever he grouts he will walk away from the grout for 12 hrs no problem, come back and wipe the excess grout off.
Apparently a huge no-no with tumbled marble. It was like concrete!! We sat there rubbing each tile separately with water on towels (water would reactivate the grout) and sit and scrub them one by one and sometimes the grout just wasn't going to come off. I at no point cried but I did feel like bopping my hubby in the head! It took three days of elbow grease, some sort of grout haze remover and lots of patience that I didn't know I possessed! Anyways, here is the finished result:
Yeah, needless to say I am thrilled and as far as I'm concerned my book room and my new bathroom were all the Christmas gifts I needed. The rest were just gravy!!
Not only that but Bob unloaded all my book boxes and put all my books up on their shelves. He says that one night this week we'll sleep in there so I can be surrounded by my books - I can't wait!!
I hope you and your families had a wonderful Christmas or holiday and that you got to spend it just the way you wanted.
All in all, it was a rousing success!