Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What a Ride!

It's 12:30am so I just closed out Boxing Day and everyone has gone back home to their own beds and Bob and I have the place to ourselves again.

Things to know:

1. Cody was such a charmer that even my Mom took a shining to him (she's afraid of dogs since she was bit by one years ago) & he had no gas for the past two days!!

2. Those of us who wore our jammies (8/11) have decided to make every year a PJ Christmas - we may be over-ruled but we are living the dream! The thing about jammas is that you are comfortable all day and even after dinner you don't have the 'my pants are too tight' feeling. We were all very much in the spirit!

3. My Bobby took a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day and that never happens so I was happy to put a blanket over him and let him sleep.

4. I had no nap because I had too much to do! Even so, my new Angel Aunt Nora helped immensely with putting out the snacks and preparing the side dishes for dinner. Then my brother came and he and I spent an hour in the kitchen talking and cooking together. I had a great time with him!

5. You shouldn't even have to ask - yes, we were all very spoiled! Oh and Bob's gift was a brand new bike from a speciality store that will fit him properly and ensure that the bike is just the way he wants it. Bob loves to ride and has wanted a better bike for a few years (we bought 100 dollar bikes when we started to make sure we would ride - Bob loves it and so do I but I think I would need a new seat and really, I can't keep up with him)

So, I got a new phone (a red one where some of the proceeds go to AIDs in Africa) that flips closed because my old phone had an open keypad and it would call out if it was in my purse where the buttons could be pushed. (yes, you can lock the keypad but then I would have to read the instructions and well, lazy). Wait till you see my MONKEYS!!!! I don't have the camera hooked up so I can't show you but I think you will enjoy my little set up.

Let's get to the good stuff:

My new Book Room/Guest Room (click on the pictures to get them to blow up - oooh, ahhhh!)














AND the bathroom was ready in time for guests!

Bobby has grouted tiles before but never tumbled marble. Whenever he grouts he will walk away from the grout for 12 hrs no problem, come back and wipe the excess grout off.

Apparently a huge no-no with tumbled marble. It was like concrete!! We sat there rubbing each tile separately with water on towels (water would reactivate the grout) and sit and scrub them one by one and sometimes the grout just wasn't going to come off. I at no point cried but I did feel like bopping my hubby in the head! It took three days of elbow grease, some sort of grout haze remover and lots of patience that I didn't know I possessed! Anyways, here is the finished result:

Yeah, needless to say I am thrilled and as far as I'm concerned my book room and my new bathroom were all the Christmas gifts I needed. The rest were just gravy!!

Not only that but Bob unloaded all my book boxes and put all my books up on their shelves. He says that one night this week we'll sleep in there so I can be surrounded by my books - I can't wait!!


I hope you and your families had a wonderful Christmas or holiday and that you got to spend it just the way you wanted.

All in all, it was a rousing success!

11 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Oh my goodness! Your rooms are gorgeous! The bathroom certainly is a far cry from the room it used to be isn't it? And I love those book shelves. Do they go all around the room? And you will have to take close-ups so we can see what books you have.

Rosario said...

Oh, wow, I SO want your book room! Love the shelves, and the seat looks so comfy!

~ames~ said...

Wow Cindy!! Those are some beautiful shelves. And that bathroom is looking pretty spiffy. Good stuff. :P

Suisan said...

OOoo! OOoo!

Love the bathroom! Love the bookshelves! What a great set of Christmas presents! Just lovely.

My husband and I each purchased for the other one half of a new Kitchen table with two benches. We are tremendously pleased with ourselves. So silly, it's just a table. But we're happy nonetheless.

(Can I just say that cvuxknwq is a horrendous word verification?)

nath said...

Oh man Cindy! Your rooms rocks! You did such a good job and I am SOOOOOO jealous!

Stacy~ said...

Oh, the book room is awesome - just wonderful. I love looking at pictures of all those books. I just love it.

Jennie said...

I am green with envy over your newly decorated rooms! They are gorgeous! One of these days I'm going to have built-in bookshelves. *sigh* :)

Also jealous of your red phone. Glad to hear you had such a good Christmas!

CindyS said...

Kristie - considering the bathroom didn't have a toilet the last time you came, yeah, it's much better ;) The bookcases are on 3 walls and you'll be able to sit in the room and go book by book on your next visit. Funny thing was that I sat in there today and told Bob that I didn't think I had enough books! So now I'm stressing I'll run out of books to read - Yeah, I'm not firing on all cylinders ;)

Rosario - Thanks! The chair is actually quite old and I would love to have it re-furbished.

Ames - Thanks! Good stuff indeed!

Suisan - You're alive!!! I love my two new rooms and Bob bought me gifts to boot! I love making furniture purchases so I don't think it's silly in the least.

Nath - thanks! Course, I only did *some* of the work - Bob did the majority of it.

Stacy - yep, books make me happy!

Jennie - Yes, you will have built-ins one day! I think you and the twin could do that in a heart beat. I needed a new phone and I'm one of those rare people who never carry one. I promised Bob I would as long as the keypad was covered because my old phone wasn't and it made calls whenever I was throwing stuff around ;)

CindyS

Holly said...

WOW! Those rooms look amazing! And the books? Ahhh, i love them! :)

Fabulous!

ReneeW said...

Wow, those bookshelves are awesome and your bathroom looks wonderful. I'm showing these pictures to my Bob.

CindyS said...

Thanks Holly!

Renee - I just told Bob you were showing your Bob the pictures. I think he groaned a little in sympathy ;) Bob claims since he unpacked all my books and saw first hand just how many I have that they are more than his two trucks - not even close but it was a nice try ;)

CindyS