Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today and Meme

Stole this from Tara Marie's and then my best buds e-mailed this to me so I figured I would put this one up today. I am still working on the weird meme because DUDE, you all know my weird stuff and I'm not sure I have anything left!

I didn't get Bob's gift yesterday because C-Rex woke up around 11am and laid waste to certain people in its vicinity. Once C-Rex wakes I know going anywhere that could be potentially frustrating is like giving it a license to kill. So I'm going today the minute the store opens. Then off to Bob's family to drop off a sleigh load of gifts (I'm telling you that wrapping stuff is making me wiggy!) and then C-Rex will probably show up and putting me to bed will be on everyone's priority list. By tomorrow morning I may just be on daywalking hours!














Okay, this is what the bookcases look like right now - it's all maple plywood but the trimming is when stuff gets pretty - Bob's just balking at the cost but I'm saying take my gifts back and buy me trim! Lookit the pretty pot lights above the window! This is our second spare bedroom and I'm thinking it might just be ready for Christmas guests!! I'm painting the bookcases white which is different for me so I'm kind of dragging my feet. I'll post more pics as work gets done. My bathroom pics are almost ready - Bob is grouting as I type this up!

Christmas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Coca-cola over lots of ice please - wouldn't touch eggnog with a pointy stick and I don't believe in drinking chocolate - maybe when I'm old and gray and have no teeth I'll get it ;)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was a child Santa left the gifts under the tree all ready to play with. When I got older he didn't visit anymore until I got married and discovered that Santa dropped into Bob's house with little wrapped gifts in the stockings. This year, my family is coming to our house and I think the adults will be floored that Santa really does remember those who nurture their inner child (which is why he has never stopped coming to Bob's ;))

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White and I was damn lucky to get them up before Bob insisted the rest of the ornaments went up. I like to put ribbons in our tree and he just wouldn't give me enough time so I went to put more on after the ornaments were on and I broke two glass ones - ooooops.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no - wasn't our teenage years embarrassing enough without that hanging over our heads? Not only that but there are certain people who I'm not kissing. Just saying.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I'm still getting the stuff up - my tree doesn't seem to have enough color so I keep adding more and still, it looks sparse!

6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey, potatoes stuffing and gravy. If I could get away without eating anything else that is all I would have on my plate!

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child: The four cousins (me, Billy, Jen and Jason) waiting for the adults at the crack of dawn at the top of my Gram's staircase - there were four steps down to a landing and then it turned 90 degrees and went the rest of the way down. There was a mirror at the bottom of the stairs and if you could get to the landing without an adult noticing it would reflect some of what was under the tree but we would run down then race back to our spots so I think all we would see was coloured streaks. The parents would make us wait for all the adults to get up and dressed and teeth brushed - since there was only one bathroom it seemed like forever as a child.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I thought Santa didn't exist since about grade 1 and then I realized I was wrong around the time I got married. Santa is forever!!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Since Bob is a huge kid at heart we open at least one. Last year for the first time on my side of the family we did our Secret Santa game on Christmas Eve! As kids we were never allowed to open anything before Christmas. Ever.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With lots of profanity. Decorating the tree makes me angry. (Michelle's answer) Mine - Word.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I want lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and....

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I am Canadian - I used to be able to but now I'm afraid the ice might crack my ass ;)

13. Do you remember your favourite gift? I remember many - they usually turn out to be something you never even considered asking for - when I was twelve my parents bought me a stereo system and I was just floored - it got lots of use after that and I bet my parents regretted that one ;)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Bobby time

15. What is your favourite Holiday dessert? Chocolate, coconut graham cracker squares - yum.

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? The friend's Mini Christmas' where we all just get to spend time together and not race around like loons! Also, cutting down our tree but we didn't get around to it this year - I prefer to do that when there is snow.

17. What tops your tree? An Angel named Sarah Grace after Bob's grandma (I never met her) and my Gram (who accepted and loved Bob right away)

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Little drummer boy in all it's renditions!

20. What is your favourite Christmas movie? I tend to like comedies so Christmas Vacation was something my family put on every year - All the same, it ain't Christmas until Bruce Willis and Alan Ryckman go after each other in Die Hard! Yummy.

3 comments:

Jenster said...

In reference to #12 - this may be a silly question, but doesn't your ass already have a crack??

CindyS said...

Why, yes, yes it does ;) I just don't want to grant it another!

CindyS

Dev said...

#10 ~ Me too. I didn't put one up this year. I lost my cool one too many times last year over the darn thing. It's my own darn fault really ~ I hate assembling the thing, but I hate the smell of fresh cut ones too.