Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday

At least, I think it's still Tuesday.

Sleeping has become less than stellar and I seem to be running from it. I lie down and my back hurts and my neck hurts and I can't get comfortable. Meh. I think it's a hangover of whatever the hell invaded my body these last 4 days.

We think Cody has a cold and his nose (because his nasal passage is blocked by a tumor) is running great gobs of snot.

Oh, I'm sorry, you weren't eating were you? Yeah, try sitting here with a box of kleenex. Maybe another reason I can't sleep.

His vet isn't in till tomorrow so I'm hoping she can prescribe something for the poor guy. Bob said on the phone something about how we had to make sure he wasn't suffering and I started to cry. I'm so not ready for Cody to leave - I think it's just a cold but I've been thinking about how maybe he won't be here with me in the summer and I'm not liking it.

I'm re-reading Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward but only Zsadist and Bella's parts. Being the slow reader I am it's still taken me hours to get to the half way point. All the same, I'm remembering why I loved Z so much. So much pain and yet extremely masculine and well, wise. I'm hoping this doesn't get me into the great book blues but I figured I had waited plenty of time before re-reading this one. I was worried when I first finished the book because I have never (and I mean never) wanted to flip back to the first page and start again with a book. Knowing my addictive personality I wouldn't let myself do it and the book has been on my nightstand since then.

Okay, I did pick it up either two or three times to re-read the Butch and V section that had me thinking V is in love with Butch. *shrug* I guess I'll just have to wait until March to see what the hell is going on.

I'm also trying to fill in my AAR ballot and was sucking wind there until LLB posted the interim results. Phew. Seeing that list made me realize I had books that were allowable in more than one category cause until that moment I wouldn't have cast my ballot for being so poor. Now, I can see the categories more clearly.

Example? Cabin/Road romance - I got it in my head that this was a historical category but when I saw No Rest For The Wicked by Kresley Cole in the interim results I realized that it could be in any category. Duh! Since NRFRW is a Keeper I know what to put in that blank!

That's it really.

I'm going to go get my book and sit with Cody and then I will see if I can wrap my brain around trying to go to bed. So far, my brain is messing with me.

OH!! 24!! *sigh* I love Jack Bauer. Love him!

I heard that there was some sort of upset because they had a nuclear bomb go off in LA in the TV show.

Uh, hi - they had a nuke go off in the second season and there is a show on the air called Jericho where many, many, many nukes have gone off and no one knows who did it.

I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Mailyn said...

Oh man I so hope that both you and Cody get better soon and I hope you get good news at the vet.

sending super good thoughts your way. my brain is fried or I'd say more. sorry :-(

ReneeW said...

Sorry you guys aren't well. I've got a head cold and I can't breathe. I turn into a whiny baby when I can't breathe. I really want to get started on Lover Awakened. I keep putting it off thinking I should re-read or skim the previous 2 because I'm afraid I've forgotten the characters. I want to read a couple more books before I do the AAR ballot. Hope you two are feeling better soon.