Saturday, January 13, 2007

Not So Hot

Today has been rough with the tummy. I'm not sure what my body is trying to tell me but this past week has been brutal.

I had a Dr. appt earlier in the week that the doc cancelled so I needed to re-book and the only time they had was Friday 11 am. I don't know why my mind loves to play with me but my stomach started up around 8am Friday and by 10am I was freaking out. Normally I would be fine with my meds because, uh, yeah, I stock pile but I had only one pill left of the one that is supposed to stop a panic attack in it's tracks. Seeing as how my best bud is coming down and we usually eat in the food court, I knew I would need at the very least that one pill in case of an emergency. Anyways, I just wanted the appt over with and have my prescription renewed!

Luckily Bob talked me down when I called him at work.

Then I get home and the stomach still won't settle and as I mentioned, my best bud is coming for a visit on Saturday so I start stressing about that. Since we haven't seen each other since before Christmas I know it's important to get together and I had to cancel last weekend so I wasn't looking forward to doing it again!

I stayed in bed most of the afternoon and finally got up because my back was killing me. Basically, my stomach is just starting to calm down - it's 1am now. We (Bob and I) think it was those Christmas treats I wrote about in December. I made them the other night and it occurred to me that maybe my stomach was reacting to the sweetened condensed milk.

Milk = Miserable Tummy and no, it's not the lactose. Have no friggin' clue but even lactose free milk runs amok in the tummy. Poor tummy.

I'm hoping by tomorrow afternoon I will be good as gold again and ready for my visit. Luckily Bob will be joining us in our shopping spree because I'm not sure I can do it without him.

It's weird how I can be perfectly fine for months and then have a bad spell that defies logic.

To get my mind off whatever it's stressing over I have started The Raven Prince by Hoyt and I'm enjoying it.

By this time tomorrow everything will have happened for better or worse.

Yep.

Let's hope for the better!

5 comments:

C2 said...

(((Cindy))) Take care of the tummy and try to concentrate on the fun parts of your friend's visit!

Megan Frampton said...

Cindy:

I hope you and your doctor figure out what the deal is with your stomach. Maybe just stick to turkey dinners for awhile? Not that they serve turkey dinners at the mall, never mind.

Good luck.

Rosario said...

Hope you're feeling better now!((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

((Cindy))...feel better really soon!

LinnieGayl

Nikki said...

{{Hugs}} I hope you feel better.