Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Update

I called the vet for Cody today and she gave me some broad spectrum antibiotics for him. The conversation was enlightening and not what I was expecting to hear. I keep thinking I'll see seizures but apparently now, any infection can take him out.

Not happy.

Still, tonight he became all happy puppy and his tail has been wagging none stop. I think yesterday was just the peak of him not feeling good. Hopefully these antibiotics will get him all fixed up again.

Bob and I seem to have switched spots with Cody. Normally I'm the strong one and Bob is the one who worries and gets upset. This time we're reversed and even though I know Bob doesn't want Cody to leave, he is adamant that he not suffer for one minute more than he has to. I feel that way also but I'm still in denial. I keep think it's just a clump of stuff blocking his nostril. The thought of him not being with me this summer makes me weepy.

So, yeah, I'm living in denial.

Today I woke up feeling like my old self but a couple hours later my stomach was wreaking havoc. Stupid tummy.

Maybe I should stop calling it names?

Nah.

Also, I cracked open my 'in case of emergency' book, Cold As Ice by Anne Stuart. I think the week has taken it's toll and I needed comfort and what better way for me to relax than to pull out a brand new book that I have never read by my favourite author.

Not even a massage makes me as happy as a new Anne Stuart book.

I have a feeling I'll be doing some re-reading of my old Stuart favourites if things don't start looking up.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

*hugs* I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your Cody. Last night it was so COLD here and Rosie snuggled up next to me and I felt so much warmer. Dogs are so much confort - I hope yours feels better soon. You too!

CindyS said...

Nicole - thanks, I think he is getting better but I'm aware of my wishful thinking now.

AARRachel - thanks - that's the thing, we lost Rocky (black lab 13 1/2 just this summer) and Cody became almost bigger than life as a companion. We even took him to Thanksgiving at Bob's parents place (could never do that with the two dogs because they were mischievious together) and then to have Cody with us all Christmas day. Everything is so different and I love the way our life is working now. (Not that I didn't love it with Rocky around but Bob and I were second fiddle to Cody's love of Rocky - now we seem to be the center of his universe and that's a unique place to be!)

CindyS

ReneeW said...

I hope you and Cody feel better soon. This is the perfect time to indulge yourself with the latest Anne Stuart. I enjoyed CAI very much. Not her best but still good.

~ames~ said...

Hey Cindy, I'm so sorry that Cody is sick and that you're stomach is wonky. HUGS

Holly said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about Cody. When Bella (my black lab) was just a few months old (just two weeks before Christmas 2 years ago) she got parvo. Luckily, we were able to save her (I'm told it's a rarity for a dog to survive parvo, especially one so young). I was so upset then, and I couldn't imagine not having her with me now.

(((((CINDY))))))

I hope Cody gets better. *crosses fingers*

CindyS said...

Renee - yep, Cody and I are two peas in a pod but I think his sinuses are starting to clear. I put Stuart down and won't pick it up again until tomorrow or I'll be up the rest of the night finishing it!

Thanks Ames - today I only had a few moments of tummy upset - I think whatever invaded is packing up to leave ;)

Holly - I didn't know you had a puppy! Aren't black labs just too precious. I'm so glad that Bella was able to survive because it truly is tragic when young dogs lose their lives to disease. I know I'm blessed with Cody being the age he is - still not sure I'm ready to kiss his mug good-bye though.

CindyS