Monday, January 22, 2007

Upcoming Books to Make Me Squee 2007

Yesterday while at the bookstore I ran into that feeling that I have had many times over the past few years.

I was frustrated.

Maybe it's the authors I read but it feels like none of my auto-buy authors get published for about 5 months and it seems to be right about Christmas. I've been hard pressed to point out books people can buy for me because nothing of interest is around. This then carries into the first few months of the new year. There was one year where I had to wait until May for a book that I knew I would love (it was an Anne Stuart).

So in the spirit of lifting uh, my spirits, I thought I would write up an 'anxiously awaited' list.

Anne Stuart's Ice Blue (April 1st)

Kresley Cole If You Desire (April 24)
Kresley Cole If You Deceive (May 22)

J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Mar 6)

Lisa Kleypas Sugar Dady (Mar)

Nalini Singh Visions of Heat (Mar 6)
Nalini Singh Bound By Marriage (Feb 13) Silhouette Desire

Adele Ashworth The Duke's Indecretion (April 24)

Lisa Valdez Patience (May 1 - if I'm lucky)

And....

Excuse me while I get a paper bag to breath in.



And, we're back.

I need some help guys! Where do you guys go and read about upcoming books? I mean, Stuart is going to have more than one book published this year right? *please say yes, please say yes, please say...* J.R. Ward also publishes about every six months. So where do I go to find out this information? (Amazon is useless unless there is a secret part I don't know about)

I know I ran across a site at one time that seemed to have many romance books listed for the publishing year but I can't find it. I've been googling and searching and I can't find anything.

I go to AAR for the month by month book releases but they are normally only a month in front. I want a list of books that are almost surely going to published in 2007. Someone must have this information.

Another question, why are authors no longer putting up their publishing schedule? I go to Stuart's site and she only mentions the next book to come out. I go to J.R. Ward's and see only Butch's book up and well, even saying something like 'A Brotherhood book November 2007' would keep my eye from twitching! I just need an inkling - I don't need to know who it's about or even the title, I just need to know that something, anything is coming my way!

Whoops, did you just get an eyefull of my crazy slip?

Like you didn't know it was there.

Remember when they (who the hell are they and where are they located) used to say 'so and so has a book coming out in 2010' and we'd all ooooh and ahhhh?

Where the hell did those people run off to!!

Damn, the bag ain't working.

Off to surf and calm the hell down.

10 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy: check this site out. I have it saved as a favourite. It lists the upcoming books for the next year. Mind you some of the later months aren't complete, but I find it pretty good overall.
http://fictiondb.com/GenreDB/NewReleases.asp?Genre=R
As for me - I'm passing on the Kleypas (yep you read that right) and Adele Ashworth doesn't do anything for me anymore. And the Ward and Cole books - *hand waiver*. Seems we don't have that many in common that we can hardly wait for does it *g*. But I'm with you on the Singh & Valdez books.

Kristie (J) said...

And the link didn't all pick up. Nuts! There is a capital R at the end.

Devon said...

I know that Vishous' book comes out in Sept. and it will be "Lover Unbound" Found that on Ward's MB. She puts a lot of stuff there that's not on her site. But it's tough going over there, overwhleming and insane.

Hope this helps.

Kailana said...

I don't read the same genre for the most part as you, but I know what you mean. It seems like I used to have lists of books I wanted right through the year, but nowadays it seems that I am buying more authors that are new to me than buying the authors that I love. And if I do find out that there is a new book coming out by a favourite author, it is often by accident. It doesn't really help that my favourite authors sometimes take a couple years for a new book. I wish I read more authors that only took like 6 months! But, I don't really even know who my favourite authors are anymore because it takes so long for me to find something by them. I know they try for anticipation, but man!

nath said...

Hey Cindy...

I usually go the author's website and pray that they have an updated one. If not, AAR, chapters/indigo... I'm going to try that link of Kristie for sure.

The only books we have in common are Nalini Singh's ones :P

CindyS said...

Kristie - thankyou, thankyou,thankyou!! This is exactly what I was looking for. Yeah, I know that Stuart, Ward and Singh are the books I really, really, really want - I was kinda throwing myself a bone with the rest ;)

Devon - phew! I knew she must have another this year but I'm surprised at how authors don't seem to be up front about these on their sites anymore - looks like I might have to lurk on the Ward boards ;)

Kailana - yikes! So you read in the Fantasy genre? I've heard that there can be years between books and I would go absolutely batty!! Six months to a year is about as long as I can handle. After that my ire gets up and I might not buy the book out of spite. I know. My maturity level is staggering ;)

Nath - I think over the next few months I'm going to try and read everyone's backblogs so I can see what everyone else is reading and enjoying. It just might help me to find new authors and I need some new ones BAD!!

CindyS

C2 said...

Another place to look for upcoming releases is http://www.mybgarden.com/reldate.html. I surf by there every so often and I almost always find something I didn't know was headed my way. :o)

Anonymous said...

I check the back of the Romantic Times magazine. It lists what's coming next month, I think, but also has a one or two page section listing later releases.

~ames~ said...

You could just not buy books for a while Cindy. Like I'm not buying books until June. So that way I'll have a few books that I'll be chomping at the bit to buy by then. Especially after everyone else buys them, reviews them and loves them.

I just go to author websites to find out what they're releasing. I can't really be bothered otherwise. LOL

CindyS said...

C2 - ohhhh, lookit all the pretties!! Thank you!

jmc - I should re-check the price of the Romantic Times up here - it used to be 10 bucks and I could buy a paperback for that! Course, I could just loiter in the store ;)

Ames - Now normally I would be right on task but I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I'm such a nut! I'm always worried it will expire or I'll lose it so I try and spend them when I get them. (okay, I have lost my wallet more than once to discover whoever 'found' it had pilfered all my giftcards - stupid me for losing the damn thing but truly cry worthy when you lose GC as well!)

CindyS