Saturday, July 28, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger

I am thrice blessed!

I have been declared a Rockin' Blogger by Mailyn who thinks I'm one of the funniest people she's met in blogland ( and I'm squirming with delight that she finds me even a little bit funny!), by Holly who thinks I'm strong and upbeat (and I'm still squirming with delight!) and Ames who, uh, likes my pool.

If I may I would like to say how blessed I feel to know these women (I even met Ames!).

Mailyn has a heart that is wide open and a willingness to accept her friends as they are. You can go to Mailyn broken and she will be the first to tell you she's thinking of you and offering hugs and words of wisdom. I can't say enough good things about Mailyn but I think everyone that knows her feels the exact same way. I also think she's funny as hell.

Holly is the kind of woman I hope to one day be. Everyone of her posts show her kind nature and love for her family, children and friends. You know no matter what, Holly would be there for you. She may say 'you betta recognize' but you know you are getting the straight goods. I love that she shares so openly about her life and that she even shared the moment she got engaged for those of us unable to congratulate her in person. Oh. But she don't do stupid. Uh, uh. Stupid is sooo not welcome.

Ames is so wonderfully upbeat even after being in a car accident! She is hilarious in person and has an easy going way about her. I love to read about her dog Max and the many cats including the cat that shall remain nameless. She's also a prolific reader and has reviews up almost everyday. Again, if I could just get half her reading mojo I would be set and I hoping that she will be able to come out this way again next year so we can shop, lounge by the pool and eat great delivery ;)


Now the hard part I have to name Five Rockin' Bloggers:

The first one is a given and it's -

Kristie from Ramblings on Romance. Kristie has written posts that have made me cry and then written ones where you can't help but laugh (Arthur anyone!) Her strength is plainly evident and the changes her life has gone through in the past year would have crushed a woman without the inner strength that Kristie possesses. It's hard to explain but there is not a bad thing that could ever be said about Kristie, she's always open to new ideas and loves the romance genre just like I and many of us do! Kristie is the real deal. Hands down one of the sweetest people I have ever met (and she got me Anne Stuart's autograph!)

Renee W from Renee Reads Romance. She is not only my reading twin but we have a few other similarities as well. She's married to a Bob that has two trucks that he uses for toolboxes (I mean, really, that's just eerie!) and every time one of us shares a story it's like seeing things in a mirror! Of course I love to know which books she loves and those she hates and she even puts in the little things that she knows might be bothersome to someone like me *cough*kids*cough*. Then it's fun to see the differences - I soooo don't do camping and my Bob is a four star traveler all the way. Roughing it for us is staying somewhere without room service.

Tara Marie from Romance Reading Mom. Day to day posts, hilarious antics of Jr. and book reviews. It's fun to go there as you never know what will be the topic of the day. Bingo with elderly cleptos, Jr. begging for forgiveness in a prone position in the middle of the romance section or Avonization. And the pictures! I dare you not to smile when seeing Jr. stomping through waves at the beach.

Nath from The Life of a Dumpling. Energy rolls off this blog even when she is tired. Nath loves life and is ready to go at a moments notice (I know this from the Toronto meeting) and her blog is a really fun place to visit. Book reviews (I'm seeing a theme), weekend updates and workplace drama. I love Nath's blog because she always asks about us at the end of her posts. How was your weekend? What are you reading? Oh, and Nath doesn't have a TBR pile! She reads really, really fast and don't get in her way at the bookstore!

JMC from Occasional Book Reviews. Hey, guess what? She reviews books too! Let see recipes and food talk, political tidbits, fanfic, and day to day observations that have you nodding your head in agreement. Yep, been there suffered that. And concise! A few sentences and she gets her point across. I am in awe of those who can do that - I have no clue how to write a short post, obviously!

Let's face it though, I think all my blogger friend are rockin'!! I think I used to have maybe twelve blogs that I would visit. Now, the list on the sidebar are the ones I try to get to every day! Lately I haven't been getting to them all (summer, squeeee!) so I alternate where I start, some days from the bottom up and others from the top down. And lately the list has been growing!

Now if you wish you can pass it on!

Okay, this was mind breaking. You know I like my lazy time. Way too much work!

3 comments:

~ames~ said...

umm i don't just love you for your pool! lol thanks for the kind things you said about me. :P i completely agree with what you said about the other rockin bloggers we roll with.

C2 said...

Congrats!

Yup, you're so rockin'!! We knew...did we forget to tell you? ;-)

ReneeW said...

OMG, I thought I left a comment days ago. Must have gotten eaten.

Thank you so much! What a sweetie. You are so funny and make me laugh. I completely agree that you rock! I loved how you described everyone perfectly. You have such a nack for writing. Love you!