Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bobby's B-day

Phew!

I always get worked up before Bob's birthday because I really suck at shopping and then I'm never sure what to get him. He's actually quite easy to buy for it's just I want it to be *perfect*.

Years ago when panic kept me housebound I wanted to get something so special for Bob for Christmas because he was riding through this 'valley of death' with me. I stressed about it for about a month until it finally hit me that there was nothing I could buy that would show Bob what I felt for him.

That year I wrote a little book telling him how wonderful he is. It is horribly bound with ribbon and matte stock (stuff for pictures) and doesn't look like much.

Had him in tears that Christmas morning.

A few years later my friend was telling me about a lunch she had had with 'the guys' and Bob. I guess they were talking about the best gifts they had ever received and when they got to Bob he told them of a little book his wife wrote just for him.

Yeah.

Try topping yourself.

It's a bitch!

Makes those jeans, shorts, That 70's Show Season One and a bunch of dark chocolate (which I won't touch with a 10 foot pole even when I have my period) look like crap.

Lucky for me, Bob likes crap ;)

Damn, can't get pictures to work so I can't post the pic of the little book. Ah, well.

Hmmm?

Answers to what questions?

2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

God, I LOVE dark chocolate.

That book sounds like an amazing gift.

ReneeW said...

What a sweet guy. I'm sure he'll love anything you give him. Happy b-day Bob!