Friday, March 31, 2006

I Went Visiting

I hadn't been out in the blog world much these last few nights so I wanted to get out and see what everyone was up to.

So it's now 3am, I want to do some of those puzzles on Pandora's Box (Rosario - do you know of any other games like this? I would like to find more), I read a weighty comic on copyright law for documentaries over at Smart Bitches (seriously, don't follow the link unless you really want to know AND are American because I found out after reading the whole stinking thing that it doesn't apply in Canada - Sonofabitch!!) wrote up a nice comment which was lost and am now losing brain cells as we speak.

Oh, about comics. I have no idea how to read them. To me they are words thrown onto a page and then I have to figure out how to decipher them. Follow the SB link and you'll see what I mean. Linear stuff I can handle. Weird cut up shapes and multiple discussion bubbles have me scratching my head.

In other news, I wanted to let you know that ag came up with some great questions about male romance writers vs. female romance writers. Since I don't read books written by men as a rule, I couldn't really add to the conversation (okay, I have read books written by men but, they don't appeal). So if you are trolling for ideas head on over there and see if you have better answers than mine - should be a cake walk.

As to what's up tomorrow, I will be helping my father lay hardwood floor in his family room. I was there this afternoon and it took us about 4 hours to figure out where to snap the friggin' chalk line. Now we are tweedle dee and tweedle dum but, in our defense, he is putting a herringbone pattern around their fireplace which means you want no cuts in the centre of the floor so you have to be exact THEN you have to figure out where you start your first run against the wall.

How's your head?

Yeah, mine exploded sometime in the middle of that damn comic. Informative though. I think I actually learned something but then, ask me about it tomorrow and I won't have a clue what it is you are talking about.

Then there is the need for me to pimp. I don't know why, probably because no one asked me to do it. *sniff*

The Reader Network

It's so brand new the doctor hasn't spanked it yet. (In my mind right now, this line makes perfect sense and no, I haven't taken anything yet)

NOW, I'm off to take something and then hurt my brain with some horribly tough puzzles. Not sure why, just am.

If this post doesn't make any sense, I blame that shiny object off to my oooooh so preeeeetty.

1 comment:

Rosario said...

Cindy, unfortunately, I haven't found anything like Pandora's Box, and I've looked! I asked one of my coworkers today and he mentioned an old game (very old, from the early 90s, which basically makes it completely ancient) called The 7th Guest, which I'm going to check out.