Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Holy Pit of Hell!!

Well, it's Tuesday and hell hath broken over in the last few hours.

I volunteered for a project for AAR for their Favorite Books by Favorite Authors and between stupid mistakes and ballots coming in wonky, trying to reach authors and then having your e-mails misunderstood has become quite tiresome. I'm exhausted.

Our first week didn't go too bad but this week feels like a trial by fire. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. We had a title show up on the list that hasn't been released yet (damn arcs) and then a title showed on another author's list that doesn't exist. We were informed by the author. Ouch.

My mistakes seem to be in the data entry stuff on excel. I kept getting new titles for an author and just kept sorting the titles into alphabetical order. Problem is that the votes didn't change with them unless you highlight everything. Oy vey! I spent two hours last night re-entering ballots and then re-checking last weeks to make sure my list were correct.

I'm feeling very defeated but it's not the polling as I am quite enjoying it except for some of the 'muck in the wheels' stuff.

We lost another house deal. This house was the kind you dream about and was on .860 acres in the middle of town. It was an oasis. I tried not to get my hopes up but, Bob gets so excited and he was so sure we would get the house. I had to bring the poor guy back to reality when they countered. We had put every nickel we had into the offer we presented and anything else, well, not saying we couldn't do it, it's just that I know Bob and he wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

So, I'm blue again but more down on myself and the fact that I don't work. I always thought I would find something that I would be good at. For some reason, I never did and I don't think I am a late bloomer. I got my first job waitressing 2 months before I turned 15. I worked from then on until I was 28 and was downsized out of my job. The panic attacks after 5 months were overwhelming and the idea of having an interview gave me hives. Nowadays, I am not a thin woman anymore, so my lack of self-confidence has me believing that I am unemployable.

Ah, well.

I'm just blue.

For fun lets see if I can find a quiz thing:




HASH(0x8d9d224)

get out there and show it off !!


Which Kick Ass Shirt Saying Are You??
brought to you by Quizilla

4 comments:

Suisan said...

Oh Man Cindy.

I hope things get better for you---does tea help? Because I can send you some tea if you wish. I could. Really.

(And the sorting thing on Excel? Yeah, I alphabetized a 150 member contact list by last name but didn't carry the addresses, etc with the names. Doh. Thank god I was able to undo. But I had visions....)

Buck up, kiddo. We love you in cyberspace. :D

Megan Frampton said...

Yeah, like Suisan said. I thought you and Bob weren't going to get on that real estate hamster wheel for awhile? 'Cause look how you feel afterward! I am really sorry, and I hope you crawl out of the pit soon.
Love,

Megan

CindyS said...

Thanks guys!

No, tea doesn't help because I don't drink anything hot. Yeah, I'm a weird one. At 8 in the morning I am more likely to pour myself a coke ;) No coffee, no tea, no hot chocolate or cider or anything. You know I'm sick if I am eating chicken noodle soup. I've always thought of soup as more of a beverage than food.

So far, it's been chocolate and french fries - doesn't exactly make me feel better about myself but it's comfort food.

I think it has also been a bit of a change being up during the day. I have a hard go between 4 and 7 pm because I just want to crawl into bed. So far, I have not done that. Bob, however is asleep over my right shoulder as I type.

Love you guys right back.

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

Ah Cindy - not another one :( Our youngest son just bought a house yesterday - his first. He's living with us right now and I am counting down the days until he moves - June 2. I love him dearly, but he doesn't pull his weight with housework at all. Anyway - the asking price was $149,9 and he paid $160. He got into a bidding war with someone else who wanted the house. It's a sellers market out there.