Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Do These With My Buds On-line

My best buds live an hour away and a few years back they started e-mailing these kind of question things. All of a sudden I would show up at Stephany's house and she would have ice cold Coke in a can and a ready supply of ice-cubes! (She drinks Pepsi - I think it's the Aries gene that makes them not realize the superior taste of Coke (Yep, Bob's a Pepsi boy)) So suddenly these little things we were doing were teaching us about each other so now I know Stephany will always take a Pepsi over ice and Michelle, not being able to drink more than one pop a day without throwing up (no, for real) will take an iced-tea (which I only buy when I know she is coming)

So even though I know I may never meet you all I still enjoy reading everyone's answers and I'm always up for playtime ;)

Another aside: My hubby's best friend and I e-mail and I used to send him these things and he would send back the funniest answers. Loved that about him. Now he says we know more than enough about him so no more. What a grump!

1. FIRST NAME? Cynthia

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? When we lost the second house we put an offer in on. I think I was just overwhelmed and I loved the lot.

4. WHAT IS ON YOUR DESKTOP BACKGROUND? Changes daily - Paperquote and I only use the free stuff. Bob's is a black lab.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Summer Sausage although I am beginning to wonder if it is the cause of the upset stomachs I have been getting lately.

6. KIDS? No and not in my books either please!

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hell yeah, because then we would both be unemployed stay at home lumps and could totally hang!

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL ? You're reading it!

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? I've often said that the person who coined the phrase 'sarcasm is the lowest form of humor' didn't get it cause sarcasm rocks!

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes - I have two, thanks for asking.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Only if I was on the Amazing Race and my brother would probably have to push me.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Right now, Cheerios - I don't drink milk so I have my cereal with water. Totally skeeves my hubby out. Some cereal doesn't taste right in water but Cheerios? Yum.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES ? Not since I was 14. I buy them, tie them and double knot them and shazam! never have to tie them again!

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? When I need to be - I do like my crutch.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate.

16. SHOE SIZE? 10 since I was like 12 and my mother used to laugh her ass off because I looked like a giant L. Yeah, the love was strong.

17. RED OR PINK? Red

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My crutch.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Gramma Grace

20. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Jammas - blue plaid shorts and a big white tee.

21. LAST THING YOU ATE? Just had two pieces of fresh white bread slathered in peanut butter. When the tummy rebels, I have to go back to the basics.

22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing - I can hear the cat cleaning herself and if I listen real close I can hear Bob lightly snoring from the other room.

23 IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purply blue - that's right, a new colour. Aren't we all bored of the reds and blues and oranges?

24. FAVORITE SMELL? Bob's beard. You asked.

25. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Bobby on his way home from work tonight.

26. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? The whole facial area - hard for me to pinpoint exactly what can work. I think just a face is one thing but to know the person changes how they appear. Eg. Never saw the appeal of Mathew McConnehy until I saw him on Oprah and he was just so down to earth and you knew it wasn't an act. Sexy.

27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it and hell ya!

28. FAVORITE DRINK? Ice cold Coca-cola in a CAN (not a plastic bottle) poured over a ton of ice.

29. FAVORITE SPORT? Uh, I used to play soccer but, now that I don't play sports anymore it would be the bedroom sport. Watching sports is boring for the most part, except hockey and I yell too much when watching it - you wanna hear sarcasm.

30. HAIR COLOR? Oh, apparently it is now a yellow blonde that my mother dislikes - sucks to be her huh? My eyebrows are almost back to normal - still some highlight left in them and I need to color my roots. Sorry, what was the question again?

31. EYE COLOR? Hazel most days. Blue when I am overly tired, sick or have been crying and sometime grey. Can't explain it. Tonight my eyes were blue and I have no clue why.

32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope

33. FAVORITE FOOD? Turkey dinner and all the trimmings - yep, gravy too - the real kind, no can stuff for me. Bread stuffing. *sigh*

34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy, happy, happy.

35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I think it was Walk the Line and I am considering buying it for Joaquin Phoenix alone.

36. COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Didn't we just cover this? Jamma top that says Active VIII. Get it?

37. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer forever!!

38. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, please!

39. FAVORITE DESSERT? Seriously, it would be like picking a favorite book. Chocolate cake and ice cream, tiramisu, strawberry cheesecake. Now I'm hungry.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I'm trying to read Bridal Favors by Connie Brockway but I seem to be into TV, movies and this puzzle game called Pandora's Box I loaded on the computer.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one - turns out a mouse can work on any surface and since my husband eats in front of the computer (Good Lord, give me strength) he would drop crumbs and crap everywhere and ahhhhhhhhh! Just thinking about it hurts my head.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? LOST - yum, Law and Order.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Bob's laugh, water trickling, cats purring.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Aerosmith!!!

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Florida. Yep, I'm lame.

46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Rambling on and on and on and on.....

47. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? August 25th in Burlington Ontario

48.Why did you answer this survey of your self? Because I think everything is about me ;)


So how about it? Anyone else want to play and spill their guts?

6 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

It was hard to get past that Cheerios and water answer there. I kept imagining it the rest of the way. And we're both August babies I see, although different signs.
And Joaquin as Johnny - I'm with you there.
Cheerios and water???????

Rosario said...

No more zebra eyebrows?

And Pandora's Box! I love Pandora's Box! Totally addictive.

Suisan said...

I did one too---been meaning to say that for some time, but Blogger hates me again and wouldn't load your comments. Ergh.

Anonymous said...

I was with you until the Coke in a can not a bottle thing. I'm a Coke whore to the fullest, and the 20oz bottles are like the pinnacle of Coke goodness. Don't get me wrong, Coke in a can is my second choice, but 20oz Coke is the shiznit. :) What are your feelings on Coke from a fountain?

(Can you believe I actually did a post on my Coke preferences once? It was a slow news day.)

ReneeW said...

Cheerios with water!!! OMG.

OK, I'm with you on the purply blue. I call it periwinkle and I have it in the kitchen and it used to be my front door color. I want summer all year round too. Bob's Pepsi and I'm Coke (but I'd rather have a latte).

(Still shaking my head about cheerios with water)

CindyS said...

I stopped drinking milk around the age of 21. My brother and I used to drink my mother out of the house. She couldn't keep up with us. It was as I got older that milk started to cause more problems. I used to miss cereal with milk but I stopped eating cereal for years. It's only been the last few that I started and now I can't remember what cereal and milk tasted like. (Except for on Life cereal with brown sugar - mmmmm) Now, I am to the point where eating ice cream is causing problems and I don't dare eat anything with real cream - goner!

There is a tea house in Waterdown here in Ontario (Kristie you might want to try it sometime) called the White House and Bob and I go there and have scones with devonshire cream and strawberry jam. I have coke with mine because I don't drink anything hot while Bob has tea. Whenever I go I take extra doses of peppermint oil pills but my tummy still rumbles.

The bastard.

CindyS