Monday, March 27, 2006

My Challenge


Keishon was recently talking about the TBR challenge and how she was struggling - me too. Then she said she had sat and re-read 2 of her favourite books by Laura Kinsale.

I have been talking about re-reading books in the keeper pile for a while now (can't remember the last time I picked up a keeper - Anne Stuart in Dec I think) but I just never get around to it because I am always focused on my TBR pile. Whenever I go to my keeper shelves for comfort I usually end up with my favourite Stuart or a Brockmann with some of my favourite scenes. I don't re-read the entire book for the most part.

With this in mind I have decided to give myself the month of April off. No worrying about the books I haven't read, I'm just going to read through the keeper pile. I have wanted to re-read Flowers From the Storm for years (probably 8) and would be thrilled to have anther chance to read it. I have McNaught books in the keeper pile (been over 10 years since I read them) that need to be re-visited along with some of my old Sutcliffes (12 years?). Geez, then there is that Brockway that I loved that everyone else can quote scene by scene that I would like to re-read because I have a shoddy memory.

Now that I think about it, it was Tara Marie who issued the challenge to re-read one of your old keepers to see if it still holds up. I'm hoping the books hold up!

So if you are feeling overwhelmed by your TBR pile or are in a slump and haven't given yourself a break, why not join me in re-visiting some old favourites?

This should be fun because for the most part, you should be able to read a bunch of keepers in April. Might raise your expectations for the TBR pile but at least you'll have a great reading month!

5 comments:

ag said...

I seem to be hogging your comments box tonight.

Anyway, I think it's a splendid idea to revisit old ones. Is it any surprise to you that I confess to reading favourite scenes rather than the entire book as well?

By Arrangement, Saving Grace and The Duke are the only ones I've read from cover to cover again and again, so far.

Suisan said...

I reread all my Kinsales last July. THAT was fun.

I'm in a movie thing right now--I'm watching a lot of movies and thinking about books, but not reading books so much. Left brain, right brain? Dunno.

Maybe an Arnette Lamb glut would be fun, if only to get a rise out of Maili

ReneeW said...

This might be fun but I don't know if I have the resolve to actually carry it through. I'm weak.

sybil said...

I LOVE to reread. Do it all the time. Have fun!

CindyS said...

I should have mentioned that I am a slower reader than most so re-reading seems like I am neglecting the new books. I'm going to re-read for April though!

Renee - as it is, my resolve is weak also and I haven't done the TBR challenge yet.

Suisan - I am also into TV and a computer game I loaded up. Then I'm also doing some data entry for AAR so reading is not high on the list. I miss it though!

Ag - hog away ;) Ohhh, Saving Grace - I think I may need to re-read that one!

Sybil - lucky girl ;)

CindyS