Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Free Books

Oh, are you here for free books?

TOO LATE!!

I tell ya. I was worrying about having to get on my knees (easy) to get you guys to enter. Luckily for me I managed to brow beat 5 whole people into entering the contest. I was telling Bob tonight that I didn't care how many more people entered I was going to give everyone free books.

Bob was off like a shot throwing books at me from my library.

Funny guy.

Next contest will be for free saw of some sort. (No, not really, so don't come back here hoping for a saw)

So, since there were five (of my very best friends - yeah they are) people who entered I decided that they would get the books in the order they entered. Remember, if you guys want to trade with each other that's fine. I won't go to the post office until Friday.

Renee - my book twin and the very first person to enter! - Elizabeth Bevarly - You've Got Male

Jay - took pity on me and entered - Linda Lael Miller - McKettrick's Choice - damn, I was wrong, this one is a western historical. You don't read those do you? How about Come Up and See Me Sometime by Lucy Monroe - contemporary for sure.

Alyssa - must have thought I would have a ton of people entering - thanks for believing in me - decided to have a go when she found out Renee was going to get a truckload of books - Stella Cameron - Body of Evidence

Tara Marie - is there such a thing as Irish guilt? - gotcha - Heather Graham - Killing Kelly

Agnes - God bless you and your Wind Demon ways because Jay suggested we pull a Solomon on any books that were left over - Candace Camp - An Independent Woman

Ho-kay, so I'm going to need some addresses and we can haggle for books in the comments ;) I know I have doubles around here but I can't find them. Damn under the bed totes. Can't see half my books! So e-mail to the dogzzz2002@yahoo.ca account.

Uh, what else, oh yeah, answers.

1) Dreaming of You. Sara Fielding
2) My False Heart
3) Wind Demon
4) Scottish Historical romances
5) Renee
6) Sex in Romance - Yes Please. She likes it. She likes it.
7) Sybil & Michelle
8) Karin Slaughter at the top and Stephanie Meyer at the bottom of the list.
9) Clive Owen
10) This is the story of a girl

To update, I'm trying to read Bridal Favors by Connie Brockway which is really a sweet book but then I got distracted by some shiny object and my bird brain ran off.

Bob and I got a call from the people we offered to buy a house from and they have suggested a solution that we would have to wait a month for. Since the phone call I have been trying valiantly to keep Bob's feet on the ground. The other day I said 'screw it' and asked if he had some room in that world he lives in so I could bloody well join him. My parents think it's a real hoot.

Bob's birthday is Wednesday so it will officially be Bobby Week. I allowed it to start this Saturday past because I'm a sweetie. I. Said. I'm. A. Sweetie! Ahem. Anyways, Bob and I don't have kids so we tend to spoil each other. Last year Cindy week was a complete bust because men can be stupid but, I have high hopes for this year. Basically it means it's all out fun. The person sees something they would like, done. Person wants to drag me to antique fairs, I'll be bitchy but, done. Home Depot? Only if you want to see sales people cry.

You know, I'm not really that scary.

Well, okay, there was that one time ...

11 comments:

Tara Marie said...

Irish mother's guilt is about equal to Jewish mother's guilt. Thanks for the book.

Kristie (J) said...

I missed it????? Dang!! And I knew the answer to at least one of them.
Nuts, nuts, nuts, nuts! See what Blogger did to me - completely took me off my game.

Anonymous said...

I will gladly accept any book you send me :)

I'll send my addy now

Megan Frampton said...

Cindy:

I knew some of the answers, but totally flaked on entering!

Happy Bobby Birthday Week.

ReneeW said...

I really shouldn't read your blog at work 'cuz with my cackling the guy in the next office over thinks I'm weird. (OK, he's right, hush up) Yay! I won something. Thank you!

Now this is getting spooky... Bob's birthday is in March?!?!? My Bob just had his birthday last Saturday.

CindyS said...

Good Lord! Is he an Aries also!? It takes a special person to live with an Aries, you know, and not try to kill 'em.

When's your birthday? Mine's in August - a Virgo I be!

CindyS

CindyS said...

Tara Marie - after reading your St. Patrick's Day post I figured that there was some guilt lingering in ya.

Kristie - I know!! I was waiting for you to enter because you said you knew one of the answers!

Jay - Awwww, you're so sweet!

Megan - You sooo didn't know any of the answers and THAT'S why you didn't enter! ;)

CindyS

ag said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeee! Thanks so much, Cindy! My addy coming to you. Any book will do, coz they're all new.

p.s. I'm an Aries too! Next Friday.

Megan Frampton said...

I knew at least ONE of the answers, Missy!
Actually, I knew five of them off the top of my head. Bleh to you!

Alyssa said...

Oh, thanks! Will e-mail you shortly.

sybil said...

Damn I was an answer! I so should get a book.

heeeee

::kicks rock:: isn't my fault the computer died